Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OPF form

Options
  • 24-08-2012 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I am filling out the one parent family form at present. There are questions about the father of the baby on the form, as well as a question about what I am doing to seek maintenance. However the father of my child is from the Middle East and has gone home for good. I used to be friends with him on facebook but once I told him of the pregnancy he blocked me and I have no way of contacting him or anything and have not spoken to him in months. Even if I could I wouldn't really be able to pursue him for maintenance given that he is not here anymore. I am just wondering what I should do about filling up the form and if this could harm my claim. I really hope not as I am genuine here and I really need the money to be honest. Any advise would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I think you will be fine but just tell the truth and keep all evidence you have of his current location etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Faith1989 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am filling out the one parent family form at present. There are questions about the father of the baby on the form, as well as a question about what I am doing to seek maintenance. However the father of my child is from the Middle East and has gone home for good. I used to be friends with him on facebook but once I told him of the pregnancy he blocked me and I have no way of contacting him or anything and have not spoken to him in months. Even if I could I wouldn't really be able to pursue him for maintenance given that he is not here anymore. I am just wondering what I should do about filling up the form and if this could harm my claim. I really hope not as I am genuine here and I really need the money to be honest. Any advise would be appreciated.

I think you will be fine... I know if the father of your child is an eu citizen you can go through the courts to get maintenance ... its unlikely this will apply to the middle east... just add a written note to your application stating the father of your child is from the middle east and he has blocked you on fb....

Advertisement