Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halo 4 limited edition.

Options
  • 24-08-2012 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭

Hey I was wondering about what shops are stocking this? I've only seen it in gamestop. Is it an exclusive there?

Also is it worth it? I bought the last two legendary editions as I get attracted by shiny new things but they just sat there in the boxes wasting space so I sold them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    Hey I was wondering about what shops are stocking this? I've only seen it in gamestop. Is it an exclusive there?

Also is it worth it? I bought the last two legendary editions as I get attracted by shiny new things but they just sat there in the boxes wasting space so I sold them.

I think you just answered that question.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

It's worth it for the DLC and extras alone. And it's not as if it's coming with a massive statue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

It comes with all the DLC, is that correct?

Also where is the best place to order?

evad_lhorg wrote: »
    It comes with all the DLC, is that correct?

Also where is the best place to order?

Ya, see details here

And personally, i think the best place to order would be from gamestop.ie, and then choose express delivery. I've nearly always got my purchases a day early using that service. It's worth a try in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 27 wade_barrett

ill probly do the same gamestop , express :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

i got stung last year with gamestop when buying battlefield 3
    didn't arrive until the following week. happened for a lot of others also.

i'm going to buy halo 4 in shop to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

How much is this going for over here? Damn webwasher won't let me on any sites to check

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Does it work out cheaper to get the special edition just for the dlc or is it cheaper to buy game and dlc separate?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

I think it actually works out cheaper to get them separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

The "War Games Map Pass" will be 2000 MSP and will give access to all 9 maps. So id say it'd be cheaper to just buy the regular version.
    Wage War on New, Exotic Battlefields and Save Money with the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass
    Also available as a standalone option from 6 November at 2000 Microsoft Points, the “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass includes access to nine competitive multiplayer maps – three future War Games map packs, each including three maps – giving you a variety of new exotic battlegrounds post-launch. The “Halo 4” War Games Map Pass represents a discount of more than 15 percent versus purchasing the add-ons individually, and includes three in-game exclusives2 – the Spartan-IV “Scanner” and “Strider” helmets, and the “Falcon” in-game emblem.

http://www.trueachievements.com/n10257/halo-4-limited-edition-contents-fully-detailed.htm?nlid=14

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Never again prepurchasing maps. Bought the elite account for MW3, downloaded about 20% of the content and then got bored.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Never again prepurchasing maps. Bought the elite account for MW3, downloaded about 20% of the content and then got bored.

That's cus it was for MW3. I've always got good value from prepurchased DLC (Gears 3).

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Sierra 117

“Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn” Special Edition – An extended 90-minute version of the live-action digital series that will bring the “Halo” universe to life as you’ve never seen it, providing an enthralling backstory leading up to the events of “Halo 4.”

Will this actually be on a disk in the LE or is it a download code?

Edit: Apparently it is simply a download code. Lame.

Eagerly awaiting the postman...

Got a copy in tesco last night at 10pm,
    its savage!

now, to get home from work asap

how much are tesco selling it for?

just the normal edition
    thats all you need

specials are a waste of cash imo

I got the maps for reach and they never even came up in the playlists

think il just wait for my wowhd one to be dispatched, was going to cancel the order if tesco was going to be close the the wowhd price. now i play the waiting game

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭toxof

Female Avatar Armor code

xxxx

When someone uses it post here so I can take it down

toxof wrote: »
    Female Avatar Armor code

When someone uses it post here so I can take it down

Cheers!

• Advertisement

ahhhhhhhhhhahAHHHHHHHHahAHHHHHHHHHHHahhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

IMG_33631.jpg

That's my evening sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Leo?

maximoose wrote: »
    ahhhhhhhhhhahAHHHHHHHHahAHHHHHHHHHHHahhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

IMG_33631.jpg

That's my evening sorted :)

Was it pre-ordered? if not then where did you get it? every store I've rang said it's sold out.

Preordered yeah I'm afraid, only ordered on 02/11 though - might have some in stock. That was www.coolshop.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I had pre-ordered with gamestop and was told that apparently there were market wideshortages from Microsoft, anyone hear of these i am pretty disappointed as i wanted the collectors edition.

Hadn't heard anything about shortages, I did have a bit of trouble finding somewhere that I could still order the collectors edition with though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Leo?

if anyone knows anywhere in dublin with some limited editions in stock could you please let me know.

Advertisement