Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quick survey on maker/hacker/crafts

Options
  • 24-08-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

I know, I know, I know. E-mail is full of 'please take just five minutes of your time to complete our survey' type requests. It's often a pain. Some are clearly a waste of time, but others might be valuable to someone, might help a struggling researcher complete their work or student get a qualification. Then when you do decide to help out by completing the form, some of the questions make you want to tear your hair out. 'No! That's a stupid way to phrase it' or 'Well I don't fit any of those categories'.

You know the feeling, I'm sure. The problem is what to do when you actually do have a survey that you need others to fill out? How can you persuade people to devote some of their attention towards some tickboxes and, even worse, writing some comments and suggestions? It's a tough one, because you sympathise but you need the data! You really need the data, because you are going to want to be able to make a difference to some proposed education reforms, to help future learners and to inform policy makers. What can you do? There's a deadline, there's a group of people in Europe waiting to hear from you. You need data!!

So, you're stuck then to grovelling, to asking really kindly, to hoping beyond hope that someone out there realizes that you are genuine and that this is worthwhile and that it also helps just to connect even for a few minutes with the wider community out there. You understand, don't you? You want to help, I can tell and I'm really grateful. You just click here.

maker survey form

thanks

iain

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

survey => closed.

http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/ for hackerspaces

Irish Hackerspaces Week - September 15th - 23rd - coming soon to a space near you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement