Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

remote desktop software - mac to mac?

Options
  • 24-08-2012 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

hi gang,

hope yer all well.

I am living in london with my macbook, and my dad just bought a new imac. i am looking to set it up for him cos he doesnt have a clue at the moment about apples and finds them almost daunting.

Is there any free remote desktop software that will help me set him up from a far?

i have tried logmein.com but it requires a subscription, i always thought there was a free option, but it seems to have disspeared.

i am running an old version of mac os x -> my macbook is white, and is 5 years old, i think its 10.6.8.

any help on this would be great.

Thanks,

Ed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

There is a free option for logmein.com, you just have to do trial first and then it is free afterwards.
    https://secure.logmein.com/products/free/

They also have joinme.com but that is more for one time sessions.

If both your routers are configured OK you could use back to my mac, but it has no options to reduce quality etc.

Advertisement