Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed!

Options
  • 24-08-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I was on a Level 7 course in 2010/2011 and was receiving a Grant. However I did not get into my second year of the course and had to get Jobseekers Allowance.
    I really want to go back to college but there is no way I will be able to afford the fees for a course in a University or IT.
    I have applied for some PLC courses and have gotten asked to interviews but these PLC courses obviously have fees that also need to be paid. The course I am going for is €650 and €200 discount because I have a medical card but I still will not be able to afford €450 out of my dole also would need money for transport and course materials. I have been on Jobseekers allowance since November 2011 so would I be entitled to Back to Education Allowance? I am only 19.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭euddue

i'm fairly sure they bend the rules a little when it comes to age,better to have you out learning than sitting about would be their mentality anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Katie Kaboom

You have to be on the Dole for 234 days before entering the courseto get the BTEA, I'm not sure about the age requirement. Check studentfinance.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭emmbay

You have to be on the Dole for 234 days before entering the courseto get the BTEA, I'm not sure about the age requirement. Check studentfinance.ie

I have checked it pretty sure that you have to be over 21 and in receipt of jobseekers allowance for 9months or more.. I will go down to the social welfare office during the week and see what they say.

Advertisement