Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I get my iLife apps back after ML install?

Options
  • 24-08-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭

I did a clean install of ML on my MBP and then told it to grab everything back from the most recent time machine backup. I'll be honest, I wasn't even sure the OS update had happened until I checked the version number because everything seemed to be exactly as it was before I updated. I had to go looking for the new features.

Then I had to upload some photos and I discovered iPhoto was missing. And Garage Band. iMovie could be gone too but I've never had cause to look for it.

Any thoughts on what I did wrong? And more importantly how to get it all back?

Do I have to do the clean install again, or can I just recover the time machine backup again and double check that all the boxes are ticked?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

were your ilife apps up to date?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Everything was updated and backed up to time machine before the mountain lion install.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

what version of ilife were you running? The version you had may not have been compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Are they in the App Store purchases tab?

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

OP - think you should have done an upgrade instead of a clean install. Anyhow, would you have got an iLife 11 disk when you bought the machine. Failing that you could wipe your drive again, do a restore from your TM backup and then do a ML upgrade.

• Advertisement
Advertisement