Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can she sing?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭

Hey I recorded my friend playing a song she wrote and Im just wondering if you guys think she can sing? We all think she's amazing but I'd like some outside opinion!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udh-OpptP9w&feature=relmfu

(hope this isn't against forum rules)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

Hi there - do you have permission from your friend to post this link?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭BULLER

I'm sure she wouldn't mind. You can take it down if you wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

She can sing, she's in tune, but otherwise it's hard to say with a rough recording :) Sinead O'Connor-esque, but more upbeat.

She seems a bit nervous. I would say that she needs to do a little bit of work on her breathing and projection, but then that can be a result of nervousness and/or the quality of the recording.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭Wurly

I agree with Seamus. It's difficult to hear from the recording so I can't give an in depth analysis.

She can definitely sing and has a really lovely tone to her voice. She should definitely pursue it, in my opinion. Her low notes are a bit weak so a bit of work on her low register would be recommended.

Brilliant! I'll definately try and get a better recording now. She writes songs like that herself but it's only a hobby.
    Thanks a million for the feedback. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 ThatIrishGuy

she didnt write it... its katy perry.

edit: yes she can sing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭9959

Poster didn't say his friend wrote the song, he said "She writes songs like that herself". I too agree she can sing. Keep On Hooping'.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 ThomasK911

She can definitely sing, no doubt about it.
    The guitar playing needs a bit of work though.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭BlackBlade

not bad at all!
    could listen to her alright.

*one year later*
    We made a music video for one of her own songs (its studio recorded this time!)
    Have a listen and give feedback if you can!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pTPIokrFiw

• Advertisement
Advertisement