Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrade...lookin for a tecH

Options
  • 23-08-2012 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭

More into playing an opening up aeg, but I want to upgrade a g&g toptech. Anyone a recommendation for a gun tech in Dublin that can turn this into an animal for me...thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

More into playing an opening up aeg, but I want to upgrade a g&g toptech. Anyone a recommendation for a gun tech in Dublin that can turn this into an animal for me...thanks

Entirely depends on what you want. But there's this Leftyflip chap ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I want somebody to tell me what I want :). I have the externals exactly as I like them, now I want to make the internals the best and reliable, it's already a pretty good gun with a 8mm high torque gearbox, tightbore etc but you can always get better.

I want somebody to tell me what I want :). I have the externals exactly as I like them, now I want to make the internals the best and reliable, it's already a pretty good gun with a 8mm high torque gearbox, tightbore etc but you can always get better.

Thing is with the blowback rifles, you can't go too crazy upping the ROF without disablinf the blowback, but an added bonus of disabling it is that you can use a weaker spring, so reliability increase. After that it all depends on what you want. Fast trigger response, high ROF, ultra reliability, etc, etc.

The gearbox and the blowback system on the toptech is separate, the blowback places no strain on the gearbox so upping the rof has no effect....???

The gearbox and the blowback system on the toptech is separate, the blowback places no strain on the gearbox so upping the rof has no effect....???

Nope, the blowback system uses air pressure coming from the main piston and spring assembly directed to a smaller assembly which carries the faux bolt. As the AEG fires a portion of the compressed air is directed up to that blowback cylinder.

• Advertisement

I thought the point of the pneumatic blowback system (being different from a normal electric blowback) was that it didnt rely on the gearbox therefore increasing the ROF didnt make any different apart from accelerated wear and tear. Is this not the major advantage of this system....open to correction but thats how is was sold to me?

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭maciek87

I thought the point of the pneumatic blowback system (being different from a normal electric blowback) was that it didnt rely on the gearbox therefore increasing the ROF didnt make any different apart from accelerated wear and tear. Is this not the major advantage of this system....open to correction but thats how is was sold to me?

Pneumatic blowback creates no ''real'' strain to the rest of the system (you just use M90 instead of M80/M85 - gearbox is made to take much more than that), and it`ll work fine for a very, very long time provided its well assembled and no one messed with it.
    Its equally useless as well - but thats my personal opinion (I just hate when my dust cover is opening everytime I press the trigger - realism..? No, thank you!).
    Even though its a sealed system, (read: there is generally no air-leaks from it), I would still disable it myself.

Is the dust cover not where the ejection port would be on the real deal? If so the action of the bolt is more realistic....I agree however its a total gimick as is all blowback. These toptech G&G are terrific devices all the same, rock solid.

Gun dropped into SG airsoft for the works. The nice chap there was going on about all sorts of version this, gearbox that, springs, hopups, barrels....I didnt have a rashers and smiled and nodded. He eventually asked if I had a notion what is was on about to which I said I didnt but trusted him to get is the best it can be.....

As far as I can make out its getting:
    1. New spring.
    2. Longer precision barrel.
    3. New hop up.
    4. Mosfet.
    5. Reshimming and greasing.

Dont know what else.....

Advertisement