Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

part employed benefit?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Hello
    A friend of mine who was on disability for depression over 30 years has been refused to continue on disability.
    In order to help him with rehabilitation, he started to work at an institution part time and he gets 100 euros per week with no holidays or sick pay.
    He asked me to investigate whether he may be entitled to any supplementary allowance as most people who are on unemployment are getting 180... Would he be entitled the remaining 80?
    Thanks for your advice.
    R

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

How is he not getting basic employee rights? is he employed as a contractor?

He should have had a loss in earnings to qualify for JSA for the days he doesnt work. If he works 4 days a week, he wont get a payment anyway.

He could try anyway but may have issues explaining the way he is employed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭rupamede

Thank you for your reply.
    He got this job as a rehabilitating activity, he only works 2 hours a day. That is why he's not getting basic employee rights, I guess...
    The Welfare should know the way he is employed as it was them who recommended this job years (many years) ago for him... Now, after 30 years on Disability, they decided he is able for a full time job regardless of chronic depression and crushed discs (spine)... He cannot work for longer than 3 hours a day, and yes 4 days a week, like you say.
    wmpdd3 wrote: »
    How is he not getting basic employee rights? is he employed as a contractor?

He should have had a loss in earnings to qualify for JSA for the days he doesnt work. If he works 4 days a week, he wont get a payment anyway.

He could try anyway but may have issues explaining the way he is employed.

Advertisement