Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wholesale Trade Fairs

Options
  • 23-08-2012 4:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Hi All

Does anyone go to any of these fairs in Ireland? And if so, what channels do you use to find out the information about them?

Currently I'm planning on going to the UK because the wholesale industry over there seem to be more open to business than here in Ireland. I'm finding that anyone company I have approached are very reluctant to do business with a new company. Even if the offer is money up front.

I'm in the sports industry too, so I think that makes it even more difficult in this country.

Anyways, I'd love to here your thoughts on this.

Thanks
    Jonathan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Why does being sports related make it more difficult?

What aspect of sports are we talking here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

The Guvnor wrote: »
    Why does being sports related make it more difficult?

What aspect of sports are we talking here?

He is in the football jersey and memorabilia area and its very hard to get genuine stock in this area as the Asian market has saturated the area with fakes and knock offs and difficult to get in contact with genuine suppliers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭The Guvnor

Thanks Sin and can fully appreciate the dilemma.
    Knock-offs everywhere nowadays it seems and almost nothing is off limits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 bobbymoore1

Sin thanks for that you got it in one. I've been dealing with couple of companies in the UK and all the products are fully licenced etc.

It would be a lot easier if it was Ireland though.

Sin thanks for that you got it in one. I've been dealing with couple of companies in the UK and all the products are fully licenced etc.

Fair play to you, must have been hard to get them on board , I had a look around for suppliers myself and the majority are knock offs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 bobbymoore1

Sin City wrote: »

Fair play to you, must have been hard to get them on board , I had a look around for suppliers myself and the majority are knock offs

Thanks Sin. If I'm honest, I've been searching since November 11. And officially licenced products don't come cheap. Although the UK isn't without it's dangers too, I've come across a few would be scammers.

Thanks Sin. If I'm honest, I've been searching since November 11. And officially licenced products don't come cheap. Although the UK isn't without it's dangers too, I've come across a few would be scammers.

Iv only been browsing recently and I have seen a lot of fakes and a lot of well dressed fakes aswell , also hearing the horror stories about suppliers who sent fakes that the retailer thinks is authentic and then gets raided for selling dodgy products.

Still though if you have trusted suppliers and a decent mark up then your doing extremely well and I salute you

Advertisement