Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which week is freshers week?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

Is freshers week the first week like the week of orientation week or is it the week after when lectures normally start?

Who do you go along to the freshers events with?
    I know nobody going to my college and I haven't heard of anyone doing the same course.
    And then if there's any nightclub events?
    Do I go by myself and just randomly find people to talk with there even if they're not from my course?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Freshers week is usually the week lectures begin, so the week after orientation. There will be loads of people in the same boat as you so just go up to people and chat! No one will think twice about someone going to one of the events by themselves - there will be loads of people there by themselves too. The best thing to do is to talk to as many people as possible; you'll make friends no bother :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Every college does things differently. I know in my college we waited a week or two after term started to do freshers week

In some colleges there can be lots of nightclub events

In others not so many

I would reccomend joining some clubs and societies as a way of getting to know people and building new friendships.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement