Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest houses in town??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

This is going to be a seriously depressing thread for anyone who is in negative equity at the moment :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I remember going to look at this scheme of houses when they launched a few years back, I think they were over €550,000 but they have fallen to less than €200,000 now.

This scheme were €656,000 on launch day, my husband really wanted to buy one but thankfully, I talked him out of it :D. They are now €279,000 :eek:.

There are lots and lots of bargains out there at the moment but it's way too difficult to access finance, even if you have a healthy credit rating and you're in fulltime employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭maiden

What a coincidence!!! My friend and I went to look at that showhouse when they launched, my friend fell in love with it and went home and begged and begged her husband to buy and they nearly did!! But decided against it for a finish, very lucky people now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't there a thread floating around about the large amount of anti-social behaviour that is happening in Dun Na hInse?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,429 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Those 2 particular houses had the same family living in them. <Mod snip> I've visited both in a previous job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

CptSternn wrote: »
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't there a thread floating around about the large amount of anti-social behaviour that is happening in Dun Na hInse?

There is. If an increasing number of estates don't get their act together and have serious and active and very courageous Residents Committees backed up by Gardai, the HSE and changes in legislation about anti social behaviour, there will be a whole lot of houses that nobody will want to buy or even rent, no matter how low their price, nor will they even want to be in the estates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

maiden wrote: »

As this is the Clare forum, maybe you could elaborate?

Referring to Ennis as 'Town' for a start is annoying.

Right, I see cheap houses. Care to tell me anymore??

Are they built properly? Are they about to fall down?

Really, there no information in the op.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Was dun na hInse flooded in the Nov 2009 floods?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you have a problem with a post, report it, don't go on a criique of people's writing, this can be seen as backseat modding and will lead to infractions in a lot of forums on boards.

I don't have a problem with the Op, I think it covers most of the basics, almost every county in Ireland regard the capital town as "town", also, the op provided a link to daft that contains search results for all houses in Clare for less than €50,000, if you have a question for specific ones why not link to the exact ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭golfball37

mel.b wrote: »
    Was dun na hInse flooded in the Nov 2009 floods?

Badly- It was built on a flood plain. My brother lives near the nursing home in Cappahard but they survived. Any links to the trouble/anti social behaviour thread? I've stayed over there quite a few times and didn't notice, in fact only 2 of the houses look occupied as of a few weeks ago.

golfball37 wrote: »
    Badly- It was built on a flood plain. My brother lives near the nursing home in Cappahard but they survived. Any links to the trouble/anti social behaviour thread? I've stayed over there quite a few times and didn't notice, in fact only 2 of the houses look occupied as of a few weeks ago.

Dun Na hinse is on the Lahinch rd, Cappahard is on the Tulla rd, I think you are referring to the Tulla rd.

The entrance to DNI and Brookville was flooded, but DNI itself wasnt even near water, DNI is built on a hill and IMO would be one of the last estates in Ennis to be ever flooded!

• Advertisement

Chucken wrote: »
    As this is the Clare forum, maybe you could elaborate?

Referring to Ennis as 'Town' for a start is annoying.

Right, I see cheap houses. Care to tell me anymore??

Are they built properly? Are they about to fall down?

Really, there no information in the op.

AFAIK Ennis is the only town in Clare besides shannon, I may be wrong and I stand to be corrected. If you click the link it would give you the specific link is Ennis in the search.

Built properly? Falling down, I dont know anything about the building of houses, so cant comment on that! Maybe go look for yourself?? Ring the estate agent etc?? They may have more info!

maiden wrote: »
    AFAIK Ennis is the only town in Clare besides shannon, I may be wrong and I stand to be corrected. !
    Ah here Maiden, are you having a laugh missus?? ;):D:D:D

Clare has a number of large towns - Ennis, Kilrush, Kilkee and Shannon, all of whom have their own town councils

www.ennistowncouncil.ie
    www.kilrush.ie
    www.kilkee.ie
    www.shannon.ie

oooooops!!!! Sorry all other towns!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I remember there was a nissan micra at the bottom of the brookville entrance that was completely flooded. They saved the women in it.

In any estate you will find people who have no respect for themselves or there property.

However, Brookville in general is a nice quiet estate. I haven't been done Dun na Hince in a good while but make sure you have your bins etc away from the front of your house if you are in dnh.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I'm just wondering if it would be impossible to live in the estate mentioned in the op?

Is it very bad there?

I'm not familiar with the area.

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »

In any estate you will find people who have no respect for themselves or there property.

I wholeheartedly agree with this comment. I've lived in a number of different parts of Ennis and more recently in South East Clare too. While some addresses are definitely more prone to anti-social behaviour than others, well off areas are not exempt from trouble or noisy neighbours either.

I don't want this thread to be used to bash a particular estate. I think we need to remember that some decent and hardworking families live in these places too. It is not fair that everyone is tarred with the same brush.

I'm asking everyone to think carefully before they make claims about particular housing estates.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Well said MrsD.

I will say this though:

I can tell you even in good parts of the town you will find anti social behaviour. The lahinch road would generally be seen as a lovely, well-off part of town. Its out from the town yet within walking distance to the town centre (up to O'donalans garage).

If your worried about the neighbourhood around Brookville/dnh, I've had friendly chats with people from there and they are very friendly, but it only takes two people to make a street have a bad name.

Some families in dun na hinse are very hard workers and pay their way round and do certainly try their best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I don't think one was bashing the estate, we were just pointing out there has to be a reason a four bedroom two bath home that was built in the last 20 years was selling for less than a new car.

It's extremely sad that these properties have collapsed in value but this is happening all over the county and country, unfortunately.

I note that these properties are now guiding at €16,000 each and posters to the thread have already suggested possible reasons why these particular properties have suffered such a dramatic drop in value.

I'm locking this thread as I don't think anything new can been added to this discussion.

If anyone has any issues, please PM me or one of my fellow moderators.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement