Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great job available should you want it!

Options
  • 23-08-2012 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭

I thought I would let people know that The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is seeking to hire a Bonobo Conservation Project Manager for the Lac Tumba programme in DR Congo. The deadline to apply is Sept. 6, 2012. For more info, visit http://pin.primate.wisc.edu/jobs/listings/2624.

This would be a fantastic job and I myself would go for it If I wasnt already commited to other projects. The only thing is that its in the congo and sometimes it can be dangerous.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 5,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭Adam Khor

I would go for it in the blink of an eye but I'm afraid I'm definitely not qualified XD I can´t speak French (except for a few... rather impolite words XD) and my limited experience is with reptiles, not primates :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,564 ✭✭✭✭steddyeddy

Adam Khor wrote: »
    I would go for it in the blink of an eye but I'm afraid I'm definitely not qualified XD I can´t speak French (except for a few... rather impolite words XD) and my limited experience is with reptiles, not primates :(

I dont know anyone with a masters in primatology either Adam but Im sure theres a lot of leeway on things like this. Dian Fossey, Jane goodal for example werent zoologists.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

steddyeddy wrote: »
    I thought I would let people know that The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is seeking to hire a Bonobo Conservation Project Manager for the Lac Tumba programme in DR Congo. The deadline to apply is Sept. 6, 2012. For more info, visit http://pin.primate.wisc.edu/jobs/listings/2624.

This would be a fantastic job and I myself would go for it If I wasnt already commited to other projects. The only thing is that its in the congo and sometimes it can be dangerous.

Thats freaky - I was just saying in the Bonobos thread what my dream job would be and there you go posting it!!:eek::cool:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Thats freaky - I was just saying in the Bonobos thread what my dream job would be and there you go posting it!!:eek::cool:

Haha, I was wondering, I thought you must have read this thread first! Would love that job myself, but not qualified in the area of zoology at all.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Haha, I was wondering, I thought you must have read this thread first! Would love that job myself, but not qualified in the area of zoology at all.

Like Dian Fossey and Jane goodal when they did their best work! So your in good company. All you need is an interest.

• Advertisement

Go for it man!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,645 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Go for it man!

Well herself says I belong in the jungle - and I speak French too:D:cool:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,163 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Like Dian Fossey and Jane goodal when they did their best work! So your in good company. All you need is an interest.

That could be my angle in the cover letter. "In a way I'm actually more qualified than these so called zoologists." :P

Mickeroo wrote: »
    That could be my angle in the cover letter. "In a way I'm actually more qualified than these so called zoologists." :P

Ha ha sounds good! I wouldnt mind a job like this myself to be honest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭grange mac

I can talk to my dog and he understands words like shut up dog, get out dog...im goin to apply..

• Advertisement

Well herself says I belong in the jungle - and I speak French too:D:cool:

Fair play man. French is a bonus. Seriously though I can see the fighting between the rebels and the army there only getting worse.

Advertisement