Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student contract for broadband? (9 months)

Options
  • 23-08-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Are there any broadband suppliers out there offering a 9 month contract? I am after putting down a deposit for an apartment and have signed a 9 month lease, so I really don't want to be roped into a 12 month contract when my apartment may be occupied by new tenants for those last 3 months!!
    I know UPC have seemingly had a student offer on these last few years, but I couldn't find anything about it on their website.
    Thanks in advance for any guidance given!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

UPC have not confirmed whether this 9 month contract product still exists, perhaps you should PM Jason...their rep...for explicit confirmation and instructions on how to apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Last offer for students seems to have expired.

However, for the last two years these offers seem to have been made around October. Maybe there's hope yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I pm'd the UPC rep and seemingly there is going to be no student offer this year.

Magnet seems to be the only broadband provider that doesn't rope you into a 12 month contract - if anyone knows any other provider, please share!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

No student offer by UPC this year?
    That's a right pain. Looks like I'll be goin with 3G this year, or I might check out this 'Magnet' broadband provider.

Its a pity, because it wasn't a bad deal.

Does anyone know what to do wrt tv, seeing as it'll all go digital in October? Will a satellite dish have to be installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Be a tad ridiculous for them not to offer a student deal this year again.
    Student broadband/TV is a big market so I'd expect a move from one of the big providers before October.

• Advertisement
Advertisement