Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you Blog?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,271 ✭✭✭✭

I thought id try my hand at blogging today, and I found that I dont have much to say or my opinions on things would make Howard Stern blush!

Another thing I noticed is that my points trail off with no real

So my question is, do you blog?

What do you get out of it?

Atari Jaguar? Smells like Sex Panther.

Do you Blog? 56 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    26% 15 votes
    Atari Shaguar?
    73% 41 votes
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I use the blog mist days alright. Especially after a nice coffee clears out my insides

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

No, in the past, I have started a blog but always get bored of it. I do tweet though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

Do people still blog? I thought that had gone the same way as yahoo and bebo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

didn't Bebo stand for something like 'Blog Easy, Blog Often'?
    If you count that, then I used to blog. Not any mores.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I talk enough sh!te on boards without needing a blog as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Vahevala wrote: »
    I do tweet though :P

That's much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

i don't see the appeal to blogging.
    yeah some bloggers have gotten popular but they have creativity and wit. the vast majority of blogs are people who think they are important enough to be listened to by everyone and just end up writing drivel. i have some respect for bloggers though, it takes effort and commitment to keep a blog going.
    vloggers however.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Used to and got a good few visitors but then i posted useful stuff about linux / coding / hardware and not just mindless drivel about the sex partner I don't have

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I save my bigoted views for boards.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Geocities all the way

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I prefer to find fault with other people's opinions than to put forward my own, so I stick to boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Started a blog about my love of apathy once but for some reason my heart wasn't in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Im not opinionated / self-absorbed enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Vicxas wrote: »
    So my question is, do you blog?

No. I actually want to though, but I can't think of anything to write about :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

No. I actually want to though, but I can't think of anything to write about :o

Blog about blogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭BetterCallSaul

Urban Dictionary sums this one up pretty well.

"There are two types of blogs:

a) those written by people who are experts on a topic they're writing about, and their posts can be very useful to other people who are working on similar things.

b) Those mostly written by emos, teenagers who have got nothing better to do and people who think that someone actually cares about crap that's going in their lives when in fact the only visitors they have are bots and other idiots who only comment to say things like 'I like your blog', 'great post', 'please comment on my blog'".

;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Blog about blogs.

Very meta.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I tried once and I got bored and I didn't know what to say. Maybe when I find something I have a strong opinion about I might try again. I usually don't have much to say and see both sides to everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I do but mostly pictures I take and generally thats about it..
    I dont feel this need to meet that bollox of having to explain why I tuck this picture or anything because I know theres a good standard there...

The main reason for me is that I can see how better Im becoming at it. I comment on others photos and they comment on mine I honestly couldnt care about the comment likes re tweets facebook likes and the rest of the silly ideas. How ever its a great way tobe able to track your or in my case progress with taking pictures.

I think Blogging's ok depending on the type. Some of it makes no sense or doesn't really interest me that much, when some one posts 5 differently processed pictures of the same picture with a long read up I tend to hit close tab.. How ever thats me..

Blogging is good if its done well.

Shamless plug :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Quorum

Most blogs are AWFUL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

bluewolf wrote: »
    I talk enough sh!te on boards without needing a blog as well
    We all do bluewolf, we all do. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No, only self obsessed w&nkers blog.

Who gives a CR&P what you have to say?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

No, only self obsessed w&nkers blog.

Who gives a CR&P what you have to say?!!

I realise this may sound unnecessarily angry. I have a friend who is always going on about his stupid, stupid blog, which he thinks is some great contribution to world culture. Normally he's writing about what he's seen on the TV recently.

That was more directed towards him than the rest of the universe.

W*nker.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

i blog

Advertisement