Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Fee

Options
  • 23-08-2012 8:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭

I was just going through the registration process and came to the payment of fees screen when I noticed something odd. Where it breaks down how much has been paid, total, and how much left to pay there seems to be a discrepancy. I have paid the 500 for accepting the course offer, the total is 2750 but it says that the fee due now is only 875. Any ideas why this might be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I don't know, but I wouldn't lose much sleep over it. That whole "fees due" thing tends to be a bit wobbly for postgrads. Last year mine swung between the college owing me 5k and me owing them 17k. As with many of the college's online services, it tends to be imperfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

I'd imagine they're taking half the money now and half at the start of Semester II.

So €2750/2 = €1375 per semester. And you've already paid €500 so €1375-€500 = €875.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Barti

I reckon you might be right. I wouldn't have thought that they would split up the payment per semester (would that mean registering again come January?). I was just used to paying the full whack for each year of the undergrad degree so I was a little confused when I saw that. Thanks for the input both of ye.

Advertisement