Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick - Anyone have new info?

Options
  • 23-08-2012 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hello. I'll be going to college in Limerick very soon and was wondering if anyone could recommend any places where I can buy comics?

There was a thread from a few years back that said there's a shop called The Gathering but I tried to place it on Google Maps and had no luck (the post was from 2005 though). I'd hate to think I was leaving Cork for a comic-less place! I don't care if the best place to buy comics in Limerick is an Easons or a Waterstones, even. I just need somewhere.

Comments

there one called the gathering im not every good with place but its in town the top of town right next door to the model trains shop

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

The Gathering doesn't stock comics anymore, just wargaming stuff/models. For weeklies/monthlies Easons is the only place in Limerick. O'Mahonys bookshop (about the size of Cork's Waterstones) has a couple of units of graphics.

Stock up on comics whenever you go home. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭MarkHall

If you're gona be stuck.
    The Big bang are fairly solid at delivering for new comic day should you want to go that route. Well worth having a look at their mail order.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭statomosh

there is no place at all for new books in limewrick.i've been getting mine through mail order from forbidden planet for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fuzz McG

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk are really cheap and do free delivery. I get most of my books from there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Easons and O'Mahony's are the only places I know of.. O Mahony's has 3 bookcases of graphic novels, most of them comics and 3/4 of one of them manga..

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MomijiHime

Oh! And I heard of someone who's planning to open some sort of comic cafe but i don't know if they're still going through with it.

Advertisement