Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coming off antidepressents

Options
  • 23-08-2012 12:09am
    Site Banned Posts: 41

Have been taken 50mg/day of sertraline (lostrul) for my major depression 6 months and I feel they haven't made much difference, I'm young and I just dont want to be on them anymore, My doctor is away and I feel doctors still even dont understand properly if I need them or not..I dont want to pay money just for a doctor that doesnt know me to say I can stop taking them, so anyway to the point can I just stop after 6 months or is it dangerous..I havent taken one in 5 days and don't feel any withdrawel symtoms or anything so is it ok or should I stay on them for another while/cut down gradually..?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Hey there,
    As a long term user of anti-depressants, I think you'd be better to go and see a doctor tomorrow and have a chat about it. Changing doses/meds is a pretty major thing and it affects each of us differently. If you think your dr doesn't understand or that you don't connect, see another dr.

On a side note, I try to promise myself that I won't make any changes when my main support people are away. July/August can be hard with people coming and going on hols - I hate it! So i leave things be, even if I hate my meds, think the locum is a twit etc etc.

Mind yourself. N.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

hi op

we don't give medical advice here. speak to
    your doctor or pharmacist

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement