Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV3 Autumn Schedule 2012

Options
  • 22-08-2012 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭

TV3 are launching their Autumn Schedule tomorrow and I am always more entrigued in TV3s release, than I am with RTEs. TV3 always seem to throw some sort of oddity in the mix - looking at Tallafornia and Dublin Housewives from last year. I just wonder is another show like this going to be in the mix again this year.

The last year hasn't exactly been the highlight for TV3's home produced team - will shows like 'As Seen On TV', 'Beware Ireland', 'Battle Of The Bridesmaids' and 'Dublin Airport: Life Stories' be Irish classics for years to come? No.

Celebrity Mastermind and Family Fortunes haven't performed in the ratings at all - barely reaching the Top 15 shows every week. And with The Apprentice gone - there's a big gap in the Monday night schedule now.

I've viewed last years press release and just want to point out the shows that they've stated would begin last Autumn but never materialised. Like surely they must have put together a show and made sure it was of proper fit to be aired before putting it on their autumn release.

The missing ones:
    • Reading people, implanting thoughts, predicting behaviour and hacking into the subconscious – that’s Deception with Keith Barry.
    • Celebrity Salon is back for a third series and beauty veteran Elaine Butler-Doolin is armed with more weird and wonderful beauty treatments for the celebrities to get to grips with.
    • Or panel will have an hour to interview three job applicants for a real job in the real world. See who can hold their nerve in Interview Live!
    • Tearaway Teen to Beauty Queen sees a group of Irish teenage terrors and tomboys transform into polite and proper beauty queens.
    • The Royal takes its final bow.
    • It’s not just about looking pretty for The Last of the Beauty Queens -these rural Irish ladies are not your stereotypical pageant girls.
    • Some set off on an adventure in Paddies in Paradise, while others are in living hell in The Estate.
    • Ireland’s Rich List 2011– Who’s Lost Most
    • Dolly Parton will all appear in your living room in TV3 specials this autumn/winter.
    • Criminal Court Report and Inside the Mind of a Murderer set the tone for TV3’s investigative content this autumn.
    • Challenging God, presented by Vincent Browne, challenges the assumptions of religions and the power of religious beliefs and myths.
    • The Customer is Always Right looks at a broad range of consumer issues in Ireland, investigates what we are doing right and where we are going wrong in our search for the best value.
    • Banged Up Abroad tells the true stories of unsuspecting travellers who embarked on what they thought would be fun-filled holidays, only to barely make it home alive.
    • Twink is the ultimate agony aunt in Give Adele a Bell, while De-Junk Your Life also sets out to change the lives of compulsive hoarders.
    • Layers of orange make-up and charcoal eyeliner are removed to reveal the naturally pretty girls hiding beneath in Slapped On? Stripped Off!
    Give Adele A Bell is one that really stands out for me. The publicity around her getting a show was covered a lot in the press last August - but nothing came of it. Looked so amatuerish naming such a show and never even making an episode of it.

So we can probably expect more of them above, add in Dallas, X Factor US & UK, and their 6-parter soap/drama Tailor Hill/TBA name, and Ireland AM extended to 4 hours :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

European premier of Dallas on 3rd September 10pm .

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Fionne

I saw bits of Ireland AM this morning launching the new season's schedule. Have to say that the only one I'd even consider watching would be the Come Dine With Me series and even that seems far trashier than the UK version.

Midday is the only programme TV3 make that I actually enjoy to be honest.

Why is Alan Hughes Family Fortunes returning? It was a total disaster I thought, though to be fair I only watched one episode, so wooden was the presenting.

Not holding out much hope for the Dallas re-make either, has any series been re-made & been a success?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The Dallas remake is great and exceeded all expectations (it finished a few weeks ago in the States, and has been commissioned for a second series). The success is largely helped by the old cast though (JR/Bobby/Sue Ellen/Cliff) - I have no idea what will happen when they leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mr E wrote: »
    The Dallas remake is great and exceeded all expectations (it finished a few weeks ago in the States, and has been commissioned for a second series). The success is largely helped by the old cast though (JR/Bobby/Sue Ellen/Cliff) - I have no idea what will happen when they leave.

+ 1

I just hope TV3 show the entire series as with previous US shows they get they can them after 2 episodes but they have been advertising Dallas greatly

Will they continue to show Glee or has Sky 1 taken it completely?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Did they show all of the 2nd run of Come dine with me Ireland, or was it just that one week earlier in the summer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

TV3 will show their first commissioned drama and comedy this autumn so that's a step in the right direction.

http://www.tv3.ie/article.php?article_id=80202&locID=1.2&pagename=news
    The schedule includes TV3's first ever home produced drama series Deception, co-funded by TV3 and the BAI. Filmed in Galway and produced by Leiriuchain RnR productions, the six-part drama presents a view of post-Celtic Tiger Ireland. Another view of contemporary Ireland is presented in TV3's first comedy series, On the Couch created and performed by Barbara Bergin and Gary Crooke, which follows three couples embarking on couples counselling in a six-part series.

arf!

2612012-tv3-spring-schedules-launched-3-390x285.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,993 ✭✭✭iseegirls

The whole list is up on entertainment.ie:
    http://entertainment.ie/tv/news/TV3-launch-broadest-ever-autumnwinter-schedule/135964.htm

have to laugh at Ben Frow's quote from The Irish Times:
    We’re a terrestrial channel and we have a duty I believe to produce programmes across all genres,” he said.“I hate being reliant on ITV. I don’t want a gun held to my head in terms of Coronation Street and Emmerdale. They are expensive.
    “We’d like to think there would be a world when there is no Coronation Street or Emmerdale on TV3 and we have our own dramas doing similar types of numbers

Take a quick look through the first part of the entertainment list and you'll see ITV's X Factor, Britains Got Talent, Surprise Surprise, And & Dec SNT, Dancing On Ice, The Cube, Downton Abbey, Emmerdale, Coronation Street and Wild At Heart. :rolleyes:

Happy to see 3e get a mention on the release unlike previous years. New programmes like Beavis and Butthead, Children's Hospital and Tallafornia Uncut should keep the channel going alongside Modern Family, Family Guy, American Dad and House. I just wish they'd overhaul the daytime schedule. Seriously - 4 hours of talk shows in the afternoon back to back is over the top. I see that Big Bang Theory is there. Presumally they've got the rights to S3 and older series'.

No new sport - although some people would say that's a good thing.

And there is 5 traveller documentaries, plus C4's Gypsy Weddings and When Paddy Met Sally should satisfy the already over-exposed area of the travelling community.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Give Adele a Bell. Lmao, give the guy who titled that show a promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Aidric wrote: »
    Give Adele a Bell. Lmao, give the guy who titled that show a promotion.

They could have called it "Zip up yer Answerphone"

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

FonE wrote: »

Why is Alan Hughes Family Fortunes returning? It was a total disaster I thought, though to be fair I only watched one episode, so wooden was the presenting.

Seems he has two shows now :(

Alan Hughes Celebrity Family Fortunes

Alan Hughes Family Fortunes

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

iseegirls wrote: »
    The last year hasn't exactly been the highlight for TV3's home produced team - will shows like 'As Seen On TV', 'Beware Ireland', 'Battle Of The Bridesmaids' and 'Dublin Airport: Life Stories' be Irish classics for years to come? No.

Especially when they'll have different titles if they're repeated... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;);)

Celebrity Mastermind and Family Fortunes haven't performed in the ratings at all - barely reaching the Top 15 shows every week.

And yet they're returning. Typical. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I've viewed last years press release and just want to point out the shows that they've stated would begin last Autumn but never materialised. Like surely they must have put together a show and made sure it was of proper fit to be aired before putting it on their autumn release.

If that's the case, then they must have done up that press release from scratch in no more than five minutes. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm probably stating the obvious here, but it's quite clear that the amadáns in charge of TV3 know little about how to run a terrestrial television service with any semblance of properness - and are not prepared to learn much from other broadcasters. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Seems he has two shows now :(

Alan Hughes Celebrity Family Fortunes

Alan Hughes Family Fortunes

And why give it the title "Alan Hughes" ??? puts me more off the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

More rubbish from Tv3 and the brain dead producers working for them, not that Rte are much better.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭seanpjs93

Like giving Daniel O'Donnell a show about the IRMA top 40 singles

Advertisement