Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Menomena - Moms

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Seen them once in Dublin..one of the best gigs I was ever at...I would definitely travel to see them if they aint gonna visit ..great new track ..roma candles was a stinker imo but great to see them making music again.
    Pity they aint in dublin but they aint more than ryanair flight away..

11/23/12 Glasgow Nice N’ Sleazy United King­dom

11/24/12 Leeds Bru­denell Social Club United King­dom

11/26/12 London Cargo United King­domback
    :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Was that the Sugar Club gig? That was fantastic alright. Travelled to see them when they were touring their last album. They really are a brilliant live band.

yeah sugar club..sadly no had iphones then so no videos on utube but they where awesome .alot of bands are doing it now but their first two albums where genre defining..very underrated band,

The album is streaming here: http://hypem.com/search/menomena/1/

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Really enjoying this. Ashamed to say I don't know their earlier material.

• Advertisement

Really enjoying this. Ashamed to say I don't know their earlier material.
    Not that suprising. They really don't get the attention or press they deserve over here. You're in for a treat though, they've released three great albums before this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

Fantastic album, I wondered how they'd cope without Brent around but this is arguably as good as Mines - which is saying something.

most admit thought it was the orignal trio on this record,,what happened ..did they fall out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ElaElaElano

notnumber wrote: »
    most admit thought it was the orignal trio on this record,,what happened ..did they fall out?

Apparently they were fighting so much that it led to them not talking at all, so they'd get onstage and play a gig but other than that spend zero time in each other's company. All that led to 'Mines' taking 3 years to complete.

So Brent left and is concentrating more heavily now on Ramona Falls.

Advertisement