Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

is this ok for an interview?

Options
  • 22-08-2012 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

so I have an interview on friday for a waitress at a new cafe opening soon, is this dress to loud and colourful? I was planning to tone it down with a black blazer (tightst? ) and nude/tan flats?

either that or grey "dressy" trousers and a blouse of some sort and flats/heels...

Its my first interview like... ever, and it could be my first job potentially, i have no experience so idk why they picked me for an interview but fingers and toes crossed.IMG03330-20120822-2113.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 m0nkeyslut

I think it's perfect. It's cute, but not boring. It isn't too much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭AnneElizabeth

Personally I think animal print looks cheap. Though I think young people can pull it off more I still wouldn't wear it (I'm 19).

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

I would agree with you normally, for example the classic leapoard print i think is a bit tacky, i am 19 also, i just thought the colour "shcheme/pattern" was cute and its my sisters dress, we're both 6/8. I kinda wanted to show a bit of my style/ personality without being too brash, i am actually very shy lol.

either the print or the floral patterned one with blazer/flats.
    http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn139/XxgOoSegalxX/IMG03337-20120823-0040.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I think either option would be perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TequilaShooter

I think it's perfect for the interview you are having, a black cardigan would be perfect with flat shoes.
    If you were having an interview for an office job I would say it was a little to loud.

The second dress is prettier, wear leggings with it and flats. It shows your personality better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

That looks like a lovely dress! I'd say a black blazer and maybe black flats would look great with it. If you wear tights and keep the accessories simple enough, it won't look tacky or loud. Good luck with the interview! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

looks lovely and smart which is what you want

Thanks Guys,

Unfortunatley I didnt get the job but I have another job interview tomorrow for a sales assistant.

Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

It's a lovely outfit for where you are interviewing.

Best of luck tomorrow, it's good to have the experience of the last interview behind you.

I actually didnt wear it in the end, I wore the grey dress trousers and a white blouse and fuschia cardie with flats.

I think what went wrong in the last interview was I got a bit nervous and ended up saying things i shouldnt have ( ie I love working outdoors )

It was my first interview ever though so I should probably cut myself some slack and just learn from the experience.

but thanks, this time im going to be calm, its for a sales assistant in a busy chemist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement