Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Spoilers** Prequel to Series 7 - " Pond Life "

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Jesus.. that Dizzee Rascal bit!?

** cringe **

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Basq wrote: »

Jesus.. that Dizzee Rascal bit!?

** cringe **

It was even cringier than the Children in Need bit last year. That's no mean feat.

*Dawning horror that Chibnall has two episodes this coming series*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭jasonb

That was better anyways..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Basq wrote: »
    That was better anyways..

I wonder what happened that made them have to invent a rule about the bedroom...? :eek:

Today's (can't embed it here) was okay. Very very lightweight and Karen's wig seems to be taking over her entire head.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Awesome youtube comment on part 3:
    Demons run when Ood is on the loo.
    Night will fall and drown the sun
    When Ood is on the loo.
    Demons run, but count the cost
    The battle's won, but the poo is lost

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Seems rather pointless but with Moffat in charge, you never can be sure, can you?

Ah... they're just fun little "webisodes" to tie fans over / gears fans up.

It's safe to say they'll have no tie-in to what'll be aired in the upcoming season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,172 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Sorry, I meant webisode 3. I can see the tie in to Series 3 in the second one and the first seemed more of an "introduce the concept", I fail to see the purpose of no. 3 besides "ooh, an Ood on the toilet - ha ha ha"...

Then again, my 6 year old would love it and this will be his first season of watching Dr Who with me! :)

• Advertisement

Not everything funny with Moffat has to be some lead in to some humungous plot reference.

I don't think, for example, we're going to see a mid twenties Stormaggedon show up later angry the Doctor didn't clean his nappy or something...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Haha, a little too much analysis though, no? Only caught the first 3 today & they just seem like little slices of the Ponds' domestic life, such as it is. Just a primer for Saturday's fun and games :D

That said, I think if there is any form of masterplan, it's all probably to remind the audience & fans how much we've come to love the Ponds (well, most of us anyway) and how charming their idiosyncrasies are. All to make their departure that more heart-rending.

Just saw this. It's not today's webisode, but it's the two EPs talking about the 'Pond Life' webisodes (much like how we saw the actors talking about it BaconZombie's post).

What interests me is how they talk about these '5 episodes' being so emotional for Amy & Rory. I know Amy & Rory are leaving, but I take it that means they're leaving in the 5th episode? Or was that already common knowledge? Also, it looks like we'll see Rory's Dad too... :)

J.

And here's the 5th and final one. As expected, this one is darker, setting up the new season for us...

J.

why isn't it tomorrow at 7.20 already :(

Advertisement