Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JSA Means Test - how is 2nd property valuation determined?

Options
  • 22-08-2012 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭

As per the thread title, for the purposes of the means test for JSA, I understand that the capital value of the property (where there is a 2nd property other than the candidates home involved) is used to determine means.

My question is this; How do they arrive at the 'capital value' of the property? Do they retain the services of a valuer?...or do they use their own rule of thumb?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

As per the thread title, for the purposes of the means test for JSA, I understand that the capital value of the property (where there is a 2nd property other than the candidates home involved) is used to determine means.

My question is this; How do they arrive at the 'capital value' of the property? Do they retain the services of a valuer?...or do they use their own rule of thumb?

Technically you should provide proof of capital value of property from an estate agent or if a similar property is for sale in the area then this may be acceptable.
    Means are calculated on capital value of property less any outstanding mortgage. If property is in negative equity then means from this property will be nil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,664 ✭✭✭makeorbrake

Perfect - thanks. That's exactly the info I was looking for.

Advertisement