Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual vs Backpacking Insurance

Options
  • 22-08-2012 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I'm heading to Oz and SE Asia and was wondering what travel insurance should I get. The annual insurance is cheaper and seems to be very similar to the backpacking insurance.

Can anyone tell me if there is any reason not to take out the Annual insurance even though I will technically be backpacking for a few months.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

It's all about the length of time you'll be away from the country in one go. Annual is for a lot of small trips, backpacking is for one long trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Annual will only cover you up to around 60 days so if you are going for over that length you should go for backpacker. You are also covered to work under a backpacker policy if you choose to do so.

Advertisement