Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA - Best P5 Lecturer in Dublin

Options
  • 22-08-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

can anyone recommend the best P5 lecturer in Dublin?

Im looking at Mick Bristow in Independent or Martin Corboy in Griffith?

its for a mate he needs to register this week... all comments appreciated :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 saggart

I wouldn’t recommend Mick Bristow. Thought he was very ordinary and it was a shame because I had superb lecturers from Independent for F8,P2,P3 & P4. *P5 was the only subject I failed and I failed miserably with 42% in the Dec 2011 sitting. I decided to repeat the subject with Michael Barry in BPP. Turned out half the class from independent also signed up for the course! Theres no comparison between both Lecturers, I sailed P5 in the June sitting with 59% . The BPP lecturer just concentrates on exam q’s, exam technique and where to pick up the easy points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Saggart - thanks a million for your reply. :pac:

anyone else tried griffith for P5 Martin Corboy?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thefa

I'm starting in GCD tonight with Martin for P5. I've had success with him in other modules and like his teaching style. He's CIMA qualified so I imagine P5 is right down his alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

cheers guys - thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mini claire

thefa wrote: »
    I'm starting in GCD tonight with Martin for P5. I've had success with him in other modules and like his teaching style. He's CIMA qualified so I imagine P5 is right down his alley.
    Hiya ,I'm thinking of sitting p5 with Martin corby .would you recommend him??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

No - I had him for P1 and thought he was poor so defo wouldn't go back to him for P5. I know someone who had him for P5 and thought he was mediocre at best, think she stopped going to his classes.

I'm doing P5 now too and I'm going to Michael Barry (ex-BPP, now in Indo Colleges), never had him myself but I was highly recommended him by several people - supposed to be the man for P4 and P5.

SGKM wrote: »
    No - I had him for P1 and thought he was poor so defo wouldn't go back to him for P5. I know someone who had him for P5 and thought he was mediocre at best, think she stopped going to his classes.

I'm doing P5 now too and I'm going to Michael Barry (ex-BPP, now in Indo Colleges), never had him myself but I was highly recommended him by several people - supposed to be the man for P4 and P5.
    Thanks it's good to get some opinions,not sure now who to go for, did hear Michael Barry was good, ... If they would only print their class pass rates it would show who is good to go to!!

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭tommyombomb

Had Mike Bristow and was very impressed with him. I thought he made the subject interesting and made everything look clearer

Had Mike Bristow and was very impressed with him. I thought he made the subject interesting and made everything look clearer
    Thanks for the tip, did you sit p5 recently? Is he in DBS?

Advertisement