Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Servicing - Lucan

Options
  • 22-08-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a company for alarm servicing in or around Lucan. The Alarm that's on the house is there about 12 years, however, one of the sensors is gone. I'm trying to price this right now and have already tried calling a couple of the numbers included on the sticky in the forum.

Thanks in advance,
    Conor.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

And how did you get on with the ones you rang?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭conjon

The quote from <snip>was for 90 for the call out and 35 for a replacement sensor. Is this about right? I've only started looking at this today, so I've left voicemails for Altor & Eirtec.

Thanks
    Conor.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Price is around average. As always shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Price is about right but there are others who will do it way cheaper

Search the psa register and look for small companies in lucan. The larger ones probably would not be intrested, you'll know who they are

Like the edit btw

Another thing to be wary of us if there is a limit on labour time. Some charge a callout and then add labour charges as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    Another thing to be wary of us if there is a limit on labour time. Some charge a callout and then add labour charges as well.

Auto correct throws up some funny alternatives sometimes.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 poilkjmnb

Mod edit.

Please take your customer complaints elsewhere, don't expose boards to complaints unnecessary

Banned for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭kub

Do you know that you can get another company to fix your alarm system?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 poilkjmnb

Exactly what we'll be doing from now on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,674 ✭✭✭✭altor

mof edit.

Please don't repost content that can earn a ban.

• Advertisement

I'd say it's a Risco Wisdom system with battery or a tamper fault.
    With these wireless systems we always recommend changing all the batteries rather than incur extra call out fees.

Advertisement