Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL only availability?

Options
  • 22-08-2012 4:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, i've been out of the country for a couple of years now, and i'd like to ask the collective on the current trends and / or availability of broadband in Ireland. I have the old man on a 3g dongle, with three, set up before i left. That still works well enough for internet access, but we all know it's sh!te for anything useful, especially skype. The problem was, and still is, that even with a good copper line coming into the house, and the local exchange is less than a km from my dads house, the plans available and the associated costs were just too retarded to sign up to either eircom or anyone else. From looking at the sites again today, little seems to have changed. Why do they persist in having these Home Phone bundles? Will naked dsl ever be available in Ireland?

all comments welcome, but i'm specifically interested in any details or info on data only ISPs.

Cheers,
    wm

Comments

Advertisement