Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shipping turntables abroad

Options
  • 22-08-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Does anyone have any experience of shipping decks to another country? I'm moving to Qatar shortly and i want to get my 1210s and mixer sent over. Any advice on how to pack em, what company to use, costs, etc. would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Put them in flight cases for one..

I reckon once you do that check the weight and just ring around the various companies like ups, fedex, dhl, etc and even give an post a shout..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Will probably be cheaper to check them in as a bag. Pack well in a decent, snug flight case and then further pack with foam / bubble wrap. They'll get the same treatment as if you posted them, if not marginally better with airline handlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 beely

OK, thanks.
    I have flight cases for the 1210s but I will need to pick one up for the mixer. I'm just very paranoid that they will still somehow get damaged by being thrown around the place by handlers!

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭cravings

have you looked into buying a set over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

I shipped my 1210's to a friend in Canada last year. I just used An Post's delivery service (cheapest) and had no problems. Just make sure to pack everything properly, tie wrap all the loose parts, tape down the tone arm so it can't swing about and it should be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement