Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniper Rifles

Options
  • 21-08-2012 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hey guys and girls. I have a very big interest on snipers in airsoft and am currently only in possesion of an ASG L96. I would like to further expand onto this. I was looking at the Tokyo Marui VSR 10 G-Spec which would cost approx €450 delivered with the scope and mags etc. Anyone want to share their stories/opinions about this rifle?

I am also swaying a bit to get a cheaper one like the Snow Wolf M24 package that comes with the scope and bipod. Any thoughts/experience? I think the gun comes to around €200 when MIA get them back in stock.

To note: I am going to keep both guns stock and am going to be skirmishing them at least once a month. I want it to be durable and reliable of course. I like the TM because of the design and faith in Tokyo Marui. I like the Snow wolf because of the price tag. All opinions, suggestions and stories are welcome. I love to learn about airsoft in general and would like a good unbiased opinion before going out to spend a wad of cash.

As always, Thank you

Tip - Please don't try to sway me away from buying sniper rifles, I have first hand exp with AEGs and Bolt Action Rifles and I prefer the role of the sniper any day!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

if you can afford it get the TM. nothing else comes close to them regards out of the box performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭BankshotDrew

Yeah I was kind of fearing that. I like the TM, I REALLY like the TM but €450 is a bit of a stretch for me. I could probably afford it if I had two birthdays in two consecutive days. Thanks Thermo

I still need more than one opinion guys!

Yeah I was kind of fearing that. I like the TM, I REALLY like the TM but €450 is a bit of a stretch for me. I could probably afford it if I had two birthdays in two consecutive days. Thanks Thermo

I still need more than one opinion guys!

sell a kidney?

Nobody has any experience with the guns??:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Nobody has any experience with the guns??:(

You've given an hour for people to reply since Thermo posted - have patience!

The Snow Wolf is nowhere near as good as the TM VSR; I really wouldn't even consider it. You can get it here for €325, scopes are entirely dependent on what you want out of them (ranging in cost from a meager €20 right up into the thousands, but you know...whichever :P) - bipods are completely unnecessary, and often counterproductive due to the overtly obvious hunk of barrel protruding. Mags are available for like €7 - you don't have to get the TM brand mags.

Start with the basic rifle, maybe add a scope later on, and carry a speed loader. Start small. But definitely, definitely, DEFINITELY, get the TM. You won't regret it. Seriously

• Advertisement

personally i would stay away from the snow wolf, not a great gun with FAR too many problems.

maybe look at this
    http://www.seairsoft.net/product_details.php?id=1010&sub=286&subcat=Sniper%20Rifles
    €200 for a very good gun that is an exact clone of the TM and for the price comes with a silencer and scope. its also worth noting that as its a clone of the TM its compatible with all vsr aftermarket parts should you wish to upgrade it in the future.

Inari wrote: »
    You've given an hour for people to reply since Thermo posted - have patience!

Thanks for the reply, I was thinking the same way. I probably will go with the G Spec but only for my birthday and only in Olive Drab !:p I'm certain that I will be happier with the more expensive piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

I own a Bar-10. Was always tempted to buy the TM, but after sticking a TB barrel and Firefly rubber in it, I found it brillaint, and as Thermo said, there is a wealth of other upgrades available.

If you are on a budget, IMO the JG Bar-10 is the best to go for.

However, have you tried sniping yet? It's one of those things that you either love it, or hate it. Definitely don't go out splurging on the TM if you have never tried it.

Tip - Please don't try to sway me away from buying sniper rifles, I have first hand exp with AEGs and Bolt Action Rifles and I prefer the role of the sniper any day!

@ SwiftBlade. I don't think you read my post fully! ;)
    I am on a budget but actually would rather go with the TM because of faith in the quality and overall reliability of their products. I am quite persuaded by Thermo and Inari tbh, I needed an excuse to go TM. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭swiftblade

Sorry, guilty as charged. :o

If you can afford the TM, get it. It is by far one of, if not, the best bolty out there. It won't need any upgrades and will be perfect out of the box.

• Advertisement

@ SwiftBlade - At least you're honest!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Hi BankshotDrew.

I used to own a TM VSR-10 G-Spec two years ago and before I say how it preformed I just have to say something...

DO listen to swiftblade. Sniping in airsoft is different to CQB or field with an AEG. Either you love it or you hate it. If you have the patience to say away from the action and waiting,waiting, waiting... for that one kill which will probably take up half or even a quarter of the game then you must be into sniping.

Just to note that a AEG will out perform a springer by range, but if you upgrade the VSR with parts like Laylax or PDI, you'r good to go.

I'M NOT SAYING that it isn't for you... just my honest opinion.

Any ways, the TM is EXCELLENT. The accuracy even for a standard is amazing. I remember before I got one of my friends at the back of the neck as he had a hoodie on, somehow the pellet did it.

It wasn't the shooter..... it was the magic of Tokyo Marui.

Hi BankshotDrew.

I used to own a TM VSR-10 G-Spec two years ago and before I say how it preformed I just have to say something...

DO listen to swiftblade. Sniping in airsoft is different to CQB or field with an AEG. Either you love it or you hate it. If you have the patience to say away from the action and waiting,waiting, waiting... for that one kill which will probably take up half or even a quarter of the game then you must be into sniping.

Just to note that a AEG will out perform a springer by range, but if you upgrade the VSR with parts like Laylax or PDI, you'r good to go.

I'M NOT SAYING that it isn't for you... just my honest opinion.

Any ways, the TM is EXCELLENT. The accuracy even for a standard is amazing. I remember before I got one of my friends at the back of the neck as he had a hoodie on, somehow the pellet did it.

It wasn't the shooter..... it was the magic of Tokyo Marui.
    Crap is it so hard to read my post fully? I already experienced both sides of the AEG/sniper spectrum. Thanks for the reply btw. Much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭.K.A.L.I.M.A.

Crap is it so hard to read my post fully? I already experienced both sides of the AEG/sniper spectrum. Thanks for the reply btw. Much appreciated

OHHH well then in that case if you like sniping in airsoft go for it. I didn't see that you, as you've put it, had first hand experience with AEG's and Springers. I'm trying disassembling a V.3 gearbox so I didn't have enough time to read the full post, my bad.

There is a lot of nice sniper rifle's out in the market. The most talked about, TM VSR-10 G-Spec which will lighten your wallet a nice €300-320 or the JG BAR-10 which is around €200. Excellent rifle out of the box all around and with so many upgrade parts available, it'll never break down on you.

I also see you have around €450 to spend. I'm not saying this is better than the Tokyo Marui but it looks... something I can't even describe... the ARES AW.338 Spring. Comes with one magazine (70 rounds!) and scope rings. The top rail is different to your standard (That's why they include the scope rings) but it's nothing major and realistic magazine placement which is a big plus. I've also heard it take VSR-10 parts but I can't guarantee it.

It's expensive, coming in around €280, posted about €420 from a certain retailer (Not naming) so it'll lighten your wallet even more.

I myself and a friend want to get into the sniping role as we live out near the Ox Mountains in Mayo and there's a lot of forests around, one in particular which is excellent for sniping. The only rifle in our head, the ARES AW.338 but it could all change.

Whatever one you feel more comfortable with, buy it. When I had my TM it never gave me a single problem. After I sold it which I regret, I had awful experience since I got AEG's. I blame Tokyo Marui by casting a spell on me.:rolleyes:

Again, if your want something comfortable, reliable, accurate and upgradeable in the future, the only way to go is Tokyo Marui.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 trial gunner

<snip> Place your ad in the Adverts forum making sure you read and follow the rules for posting in that forum

Advertisement