Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Dynasty League

Options
  • 21-08-2012 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there, just setting this thread up to see what sort of interest there would be in playing a Dynasty League on here. We can decide our settings if we get enough interest, but it is like a larger scale Keeper League, where you will keep all or most of your roster. Then there will be an annual Rookie & free agent draft, where you add to your roster by drafting NFL Rookies and any free agents (players not on the league's rosters). This obviously requires the same players coming back every year (hopefully) as it would be more fun to build up your own team than a replacement player taking over your team.

post here if you want to join. All experiences welcome - for me it will be my first try at this! Any Q's just ask, there's some more general info here

http://dynastyleaguefootball.com/dynasty-hq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

id be interested for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I'm in approximately a million leagues this year (exaggerating a bit) so one more won't make much difference. Sign me up please.

Actually just noticed that there already is a Dynasty league on boards, not sure why I didn't see that before. So to avoid confusion maybe call this Dynasty II, or something. And maybe make it clear in the thread title. It could get confusing if we don't differentiate.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Xfire Elect

I'd love to play. Missed out on the last one

• Registered Users Posts: 8,033 ✭✭✭Guffy

I'm in, on phone now will post rules when I get home

• Advertisement

http://gyazo.com/e59ec1e8a1aefc27fd938c46d99d147f

http://gyazo.com/a575ea35918f29d17a693b62e8fae680

http://gyazo.com/99a7870f4a87f90c28e051403d42dc6c

hey a bit later than i thought id get them up but these are the rules decided on by the other boards league. assume we just stick with the same?

fisgon wrote: »

Wouldn't mind leaving it out myself and reducing bench as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jimmyrabbit88

These r the other leagues rules we just using them as guide line do you mean to leave out the idps and just have a team defense?

These r the other leagues rules we just using them as guide line do you mean to leave out the idps and just have a team defense?

Ya maybe for year one anyway cause live draft will take ages.

• Advertisement

Hi guys not looking like these much intrest over the last few days if ye know any1 who would like to play let me know. I cn get one more lad to play so thats six 10 to 12 would be ideal

Hi guys not looking like these much intrest over the last few days if ye know any1 who would like to play let me know. I cn get one more lad to play so thats six 10 to 12 would be ideal

Had four who were up for it earlier in summer but they not bothered now. Doesn't look good:-(

i'd say hold out til week 1 or 2 of season, we might get a few more. if we draft a bit late it doesn't matter, it is a dynasty league after all, and so will be running for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

I'd be interested in playing if yas get the numbers!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

id be interested also

+1 so we need two more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Please count me in!

Cool we have ten now and still a few days left before the start of the season.
    if you guys could just post which night would be best for the draft sunday,monday or tuesday and we can see if we cn all be available. Any night is good for me.

Any night after half 8. Have boards draft tonight at 8 Or 9 though

I have set up the league on espn (no draft date yet) so if you guys can pm me the emails you wish to use i can send out the invites

• Advertisement

invites gone out if all jioned by disevenin well do the draft if not we cn just miss da first week no big deal since its a keeper league 1 week wont make much difference

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭taidghbaby

invites gone out if all jioned by disevenin well do the draft if not we cn just miss da first week no big deal since its a keeper league 1 week wont make much difference
    Signed up.....eager beaver!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

sounds good to me. Missing week 1 is no big deal given its a keeper league.

I reckon next Monday night for the draft. No doubt most will be at home around waiting for MNF :)

Signed up, Pick Sixes' Dynasty.

For the draft, Monday is possible, or how about Saturday or Sunday afternoon? At least that way we might get it in before the Sunday games. Not sure if that would suit people.

Do you still need the plus one I had? Just got his email today

gufc21 wrote: »
    Do you still need the plus one I had? Just got his email today

ya can do no problems

Hey might I suggest extra bench space?

any look with that new email, D3PO?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Mekaneck

apologies replying to an old post - will you be taking in any new players for next season? - would be interested if you are

• Advertisement
Advertisement