Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Plz help

Options
  • 21-08-2012 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Ok so I had my CAO like this:
    1 Biomed- 515
    2 Science-370
    3 Commerce-340

I got offered science but i dont want it anymore i would much rather do commerce. All courses are in NUIG.

I got 450 points if i reject science will i get commerce in the second round ? I got well above the required points.

Or do I have to wait until next year and apply again ?

I got offered commerce last year if that means anything.

and how do i reject an offer ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

rdogg12794 wrote: »
    Ok so I had my CAO like this:
    1 Biomed- 515
    2 Science-370
    3 Commerce-340

I got offered science but i dont want it anymore i would much rather do commerce. All courses are in NUIG.

I got 450 points if i reject science will i get commerce in the second round ? I got well above the required points.

Or do I have to wait until next year and apply again ?

I got offered commerce last year if that means anything.

and how do i reject an offer ?

Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. CAO offered you the highest course you were eligible for and every other course has been deleted. So, you'd have to apply next year to get Commerce.

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

If I remember rightly you can only go upward, not downward on your CAO. If you reject your science you can only be offered biomed. You will have to reapply. You should be able to reject your offer online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 rdogg12794

if i accept science and i go into the college and apply for a course change within the first week and if there are places could i switch ?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

I wouldn't think so, but perhaps. Phone NUIG admissions office and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lumie

Hey I was in Trinity a year ago and one of my friend transferred from MSSIS into pure Maths. From what I remember, she had to change within the first few weeks, have the points, meet all requirements, and there had to be available places in the class (ie. someone had left). She talked to her Year Head and arranged it through him.

Like IrishKnight said, it's best to ring the admissions and ask them, to see what their procedure is.

• Advertisement

Well im heading into NUIG tomorrow and talking to the admissions office to see what my options are

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mockshelp

Did you get it sorted? Will they allow you change??

Nope they said i can switch nxt year and pay one year of fees

looks like im off to science

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭mockshelp

I'm doing science too. Was also thinking about commerce but thought I'd enjoy science more. Besides you can always do a post grad/conversion course in other areas like business, IT, law to name a few if science is wrong and you want to change. Whereas you can't do a conversion course into science if your undergraduate degree isn't in science.

Like this: http://www.nuigalway.ie/courses/taught-postgraduate-courses/business-studies.html You can see the other postgraduate courses available by clicking "Postgraduate taught courses" at the top.

Here's more info about conversion courses: http://postgradireland.com/advice-and-funding/conversion-courses/conversion-courses

Advertisement