Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HNC Computing?

Options
  • 21-08-2012 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

I work in Hospitality and have a BA in Management (2002), i've been looking at reskilling and IT interests me the most. I have no formal IT qualifications but a good knowledge of the basics.
    Would a HNC be a good start or should i start with a few City and Guilds courses. I live on the border so there seems to be more part-time education courses available in Derry and surrounding areas.

I was seeking advice today from a friend and i was asked what area of IT would i like to go into, this question threw me completely:D, i think they were looking for something more than "somewhere i can get a job".

I like the technical side of computers, i'm good with my hands and i've done small jobs to my own PC's like adding drives, pci cards etc. But I think the programming side might interest me more.

Any advice would be really helpful.

Advertisement