Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Appeal wait times for Invalidity Pension?

Options
  • 21-08-2012 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Anyone one know how long the appeals process is taking at the moment.
    A family member is currently waiting since end of Feb, beginning of March.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 fiona5

hi i have been waiting 14 mths for my appeal.its just unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭jecca1

14 months, Christ almighty thats ridiculous. :mad:

i no i have tried everything,rang a ton of times requested to see them,nothing.they will prob refuse me so i have to appeal the appeal,its so stressful when your telling the truth,i think they just want rid of me.....i'll fight to the end ,i have over 20 yrs worth of stamps,its so unfair

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

I would be more than happy if we had a thread where we could get a reasonably accurate idea of waiting times.

But if we end up with a thread full of complaints about the system ect I will close and delete it.....

(The above is in no way a reflection of the thread to date)

MP22

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

It seems that they are at February 2012 with August 2012 "reviews" likely not to be heard till next March. Wife sought a review as she felt that it would be the better option as the deciding officer will have to re-visit all the stuff submitted with it and request another medical opinion from the medical assessor.

If that is turned down (which is more than likely given the state of things) then the appeal process starts. At the moment that can take up to a year or more when all the information is gathered for submission by the original deciding officer who disallows / refuses it in the first instance.

You need to be careful expressing opinions here as frustration can lead to mis-interpretation and result in perfectly good arguments being derailed :confused:

• Advertisement

yes i agree i have to be careful what i say!!! my experience has been awful,reviews appeals,evidence been lost etc. hope to hear soon,i would'nt hold my breath on geting it

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭PeadarB

jecca1 wrote: »
    14 months, Christ almighty thats ridiculous. :mad:
    Remember that the medical assossors / reviewers have to cover all illness, disability, invalidity submissions made for initial applications, reviews and appeals. It seems the system is bogged down but "new" computer systems should improve matters, once they themselves are sorted and up and running smoothly. Legacy systems and new systems don't make the best bed fellows and DSP systems have had some teething problems with the new systems slow to take up the slack.
    More urgent situations will not be treated any more favourably than any other.

Advertisement