Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Of Ireland loan

Options
  • 21-08-2012 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I have a Bank Of Ireland loan which due to losing my job I've been paying lower amounts on - all agreed with the bank. I now have a letter from a solicitor on behalf of Bank of Ireland and they're talking about judgements even though the last agreement I had with Bank of Ireland was about 3mths ago and I haven't missed a payment on this agreed rate yet.

Can you please advise is my loan contract with Bank of Ireland or is it passed to a debt collection agency / solicitor?

I would prefer to keep dealing with the bank and not with a third party who to be honest are quite intimidating when they start speaking about courts and don't sound very professional at all.

Can you please advise?

Thanks, M.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi dubblonde.

We apologise for the issues you have encountered recently.

We would like to look into this matter further for you. Please PM us with your name, contact number and account holding branch so we can arrange for a representative to give you a call.

Thanks
    Laura

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dubblonde

My branch is Baggot St, can you post a number/name of person so I can ring them as phone signal not so good where I am right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Laura

Hi,

Unfortunately as per our charter, we cannot give names of any bank officials through this forum.

Your account holding branch in Baggot St will be able to direct you to the relevant department. You will find information for your branch here.

If you change your mind and would like us to arrange a call for you, please PM us with your details, as above.

Any further queries, please let us know.
    Laura

How do I DM you? Seem to have sent you friend request??? Have access to a landline which should be fine for taking calls.

Found the PM option and can't send a message to you - is there a particular user we should send the request to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Hi OP,

You need to post a certain number of times (25?) before you can use the PM function.

Good luck

smcgiff wrote: »
    Hi OP,

You need to post a certain number of times (25?) before you can use the PM function.

Good luck

Thanks for that

Advertisement