Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guildwars 2 Irish Guild

Options
  • 21-08-2012 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hello All!

Was just looking on http://www.gw2guilds.org/servers/eu
    And noticed there wasn't any Irish Guilds,
    So who has pre-purchased? And anyone wanna make an Irish guild? :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,255 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

alot on this board seem to be going to the 'dark reavers' , a mixture of Irish and British i think.

i will see how i like the game first before i join anything. But it unusual not to see any Irish guild , out of all of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Ronomono

Yeah, I know, But I was thinking if we had enough people, we could start our own guild for us Irish players - because there aren't too many of us out there :P (Or not to my knowledge)

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Saviour_Angel

Hey,

As per what 2smiggy said there are quite a few of us Irish from Boards who are joining [DKR] - http://www.darkreavers.co.uk - server : Gunnar's Hold
    Currently the applications are closed however you can still apply, mentioning any of us who are already members in your application.

Feel free to join in on the forums.

signatured2t2hogy.png

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Toom3y7

Hey,

As per what 2smiggy said there are quite a few of us Irish from Boards who are joining [DKR] - http://www.darkreavers.co.uk - server : Gunnar's Hold
    Currently the applications are closed however you can still apply, mentioning any of us who are already members in your application.

Feel free to join in on the forums.

Im from Cork and looking for a few active Irish lads to play with, can i throw down your name as reference when applying to "DKR"?

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭_Puma_

I think the best thing to do is set up Gunnars Hold as your Home Server and if ya dont want to join Dark Reavers there will at least be some other Irish people around to set up your own!

• Advertisement

_Puma_ wrote: »
    I think the best thing to do is set up Gunnars Hold as your Home Server and if ya dont want to join Dark Reavers there will at least be some other Irish people around to set up your own!

Thanks bud! Yeah Gunnars Hold seems to be the best bet at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Just make Gunnars Hold the unofficial irish server, alot of us are in DKR guild but we will probably join or set up an irish guild on that server since u can be in several guilds at the one time

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

Omphin wrote: »
    Just make Gunnars Hold the unofficial irish server, alot of us are in DKR guild but we will probably join or set up an irish guild on that server since u can be in several guilds at the one time

For anyone who played on SWTOR Basilsk Droid,

Invictus are moving to Guild Wars 2 and playing on the Desolation server.

I was the only Irish person in it apart from some imperial alts, but we were the best guild on the republic side and would probably accept some Irish members!

http://invictus-eu.guildlaunch.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

I would highly advise against desolation.

I played on desolation for Beta weekends and the server is completly jam packed.

If you roll on desolation you are going to be asking for very long ques in WvWvW and find yourself in Overflow servers an awful lot.

http://www.gw2guilds.org/guilds/eu/desolation

Look how many guilds are on desolation. The server is going to be full.

I would recommend Gunners Hold as i will be playing there with DKR but its up to you guys :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    I would highly advise against desolation.

I played on desolation for Beta weekends and the server is completly jam packed.

If you roll on desolation you are going to be asking for very long ques in WvWvW and find yourself in Overflow servers an awful lot.

http://www.gw2guilds.org/guilds/eu/desolation

Look how many guilds are on desolation. The server is going to be full.

I would recommend Gunners Hold as i will be playing there with DKR but its up to you guys :P

..And you might find yourself on a dead server in 2 months ;)

Its impossible to know in advance what server populations will be beyond the initial surge. Yes, some servers will be overloaded initially, and some will be empty fairly quickly. Some small guilds will continue to exist, and some large guild will cease to exist... Happens in all MMO's.

It worth remembering (iirc) server transfers will be free for the first week (and paid afterwards) so a move will always be possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Psychosis wrote: »
    For anyone who played on SWTOR Basilsk Droid,

Invictus are moving to Guild Wars 2 and playing on the Desolation server.

I was the only Irish person in it apart from some imperial alts, but we were the best guild on the republic side and would probably accept some Irish members!

http://invictus-eu.guildlaunch.com/

Insomnia was the best rep guild on BD :P

I rolled on Desolation for the first preorder beta. Havent played the game since that beta but apparently its the unofficial English speaking server so i would say its a solid server alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

I'm English myself but I find the problem with predominantly English guilds is they operate that hour or so earlier than is useful for Irish players.

EQ2 raids used to run 7-11pm in various guilds - I was just in having my dinner :(

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭nin2010

I play with a mixed European guild called Lux Arcana, we'll be playing on Gandara if anyone is interested you can mention Fionn sent you in your recruitment post.

http://www.luxarcana.org/portal/

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jeziorski

Hello everyone! Im gonna buy guild wars 2 and play whit foreign people. I wanna study in Ireland, but i have some time to good prepare, improve my skill in language and i think it should be a great lessons for me. Please take me to yours guild, we can have own TS3 server and play together. If someone wanna teach me, about culture in Ireland, cost living, and everything please priv me or write in this topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

I am from Ireland and would love to play with some other Irish people. I am currently on Desolation server, but haven't got to play the game yet :( When the login is back working I will move over to Gunnar's hold if that's the place where most Irish players are going to be?

It would be great to setup a guild :)

I can play on every server, it's not very important for me. I just wanna play whit someone from Irish and belong to irish guild. Im from Poland and im mature so don't worry.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭Omphin

Gunnars Hold is where it is at guys. If you want to do WvW with irish u can only do it if you have the same Home server. Majority of irish are on Gunnars.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Gunners guys come over to the Dark side :P well whenever the login servers come back online :p

So which server i should choose?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Have my char on Gunnar's Hold now, Znar is the name, killing is my game etc.
    Hope to enjoy the glory of battle with you all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Im on gunnars to, names beet root king, any guilds going gimmy a shout !

played on gunnar today up to level 14 i think! Character name is "Toomey" if anyone wants to give me a shout :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Laviski

i've created Celtic incision on gunners hold for us irish mainly ;)

if ya interested drop me a pm ingame.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I wouldn't mind there being a Boardsie guild again, like there was for the BWE. Especially as you can be in more than one guild at a time, it'll be nice to be able to switch over chat and have a bit of craic with other boards members.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Hay i got an invite to the guild, but it appears to be a bugged as i when i click join nothing is happening =/

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Cathalibm

Ive been in a battlefield 3 clan, which has a spin off of a Guild Wars 2 Guild. Im not a very good player, but it doesnt seem to matter. Most of the guys & girls in the guild are european's. I think that im the only irish fella. Check us out, if you havent picked a guild or a clan. We are on Teamspeak too!

Channnel => 193.93.44.103:10027

http://www.oddclan.co.uk/integrity

If at all else, its a place for a chat :)

By the way in the game im called Cathalibm and on Teamspeak in Biscuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Irishwolfman<---lvl 20 Warrior..

Going to head to Gunner Hold..

Going to shout out for Irish People.

What the Irish Boards Guild Called..

How do i Find It?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

W0LFMAN wrote: »
    Irishwolfman<---lvl 20 Warrior..

Going to head to Gunner Hold..

Going to shout out for Irish People.

What the Irish Boards Guild Called..