Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding Motorola Netopia

Options
  • 21-08-2012 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys, I'm new here and I hope you can help me.
    I have been searching the forum for something related and what I have found didn't really help.

So...

I have got a problem with both WEBDISK and FILEZILLA that I think is related to the ports 2077 / 2078. I'm of course trying to connect to my hosting account.

System:
    Mac Mountain Lion

Router:
    Motorola Netopia 7347-44

Problem Description
    Both With WEBDISK & FILEZILLA I cannot connect to HOSTGATOR.
    The Problem seems to be with the Network connection as WEBDISK returns this:
    "There was a problem connecting to the server"
    The server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time.
    Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection,
    and then try again"

With FILEZILLA I have tried the Network Connection Wizard in all the options with zero success.

So I have accessed my Router and done the port forwarding for the 2077 and 2078
    to my current machine and Enabled the Custom Service.

Still I cannot access WEBDISK and FileZilla as the Ports seem to be closed.

Any idea what else I should do?
    Do you need any additional info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

You can do a port checker to see if the ports are in fact open and then u know u are not opening the ports properly...

Advertisement