Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you be late ON signing day?

Options
  • 21-08-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I've been searching around, and all I see is people who need advice after missing a signing day.

I'm wondering if you can be late on the actual signing date as well? my local office is open from 9:30 to 12:00 then 14:00 to 16:00 (limerick). I got up late this morning (I'm usually in first every morning so I've never had to wonder about this) and after asking a friend he says that signing closes at 12:00. Any truth to this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Technically they *might* let you sign on today.

Otherwise you'll be doing a "late signing on" which basically means they'll tell you to come down some other day of the week (usually a very specific time frame, like maybe an hour) and sign on then.

It won't matter much if you don't make a habbit of being late/missing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dedpacman

Technically they *might* let you sign on today.

Otherwise you'll be doing a "late signing on" which basically means they'll tell you to come down some other day of the week (usually a very specific time frame, like maybe an hour) and sign on then.

It won't matter much if you don't make a habbit of being late/missing it.

ah ok, but it's true then i'm technically late?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

dedpacman wrote: »
    ah ok, but it's true then i'm technically late?

I have no idea how it works now since you have to sign on in the mornings.
    Honestly, just grab yourself down to there and explain.
    Go to the reception first to save you having to queue up in the first place and ask there.

Worst case: you get told to come back
    Best case: you sign on today.

You are late but it's grand. Just go down and explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

My local was very accommodating i missed the day. Had an interview and completely forgot came back next day and they signed me on

Advertisement