Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment reduced

Options
  • 21-08-2012 11:23am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I seriously need help finding out how our antiquated social welfare system work.
    I am in part-time employment. I work either one or two days per week depending on how busy the shop is where I work. I claim SW on dockets for the remaining days as JB. I earn €70 per day that I do work.
    My civil partner is on JA and we have informed SW of our new partnership and they have recently means tested my partner. The means test says that his weekly means is 31.85€ and half means is 15.92€.
    He went to collect his dole today and was paid 124.80€. This is a drop of 63.20€ a week which seems excessive to me.
    Can anyone explain to me how they come up with this figure?
    Any help appreciated.
    Darren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Roughly €312 is the cap for couples. Your Punished in this country for getting marries/civil partnerships. Total farce

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 104 ✭✭dazzymc

This is crazy. So because I was legit and went and told them about a change in circumstances, they punish us for it? F**king joke....

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Roughly €312 is the cap for couples. Your Punished in this country for getting marries/civil partnerships. Total farce
    So if this is the case, will my payments be increased to bring us to the €312 limit? I only get around €112 at the moment.
    Its so hard to find any information about this stuff and the welfare.ie site is a minefield of information which makes no sense to me.

• Advertisement

No your maximum weekly amount is €188 before your deductions from the days you work. You will not get any more than €188.

What about an increase for a qualified adult so?

Advertisement