Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain Lion mirroring question

Options
  • 21-08-2012 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

Haven't been able to work this out from the Apple website...

Does anybody know if Mountain Lion airplay mirroring allows me to beam content from an IOS device directly to a Macbook/Mac Mini?

I have a 2010 Mac mini (as a HTPC) connected via HDMI to our main TV/audio system. I was wondering if Mountain Lion would enable me to beam photos & video etc from an IOS device directly to the Mac mini

Thx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

No, it doesn't work like that. You can Airplay from iOS and OSX installed to compatible Macs to an Apple TV, not each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Haven't been able to work this out from the Apple website...

Does anybody know if Mountain Lion airplay mirroring allows me to beam content from an IOS device directly to a Macbook/Mac Mini?

I have a 2010 Mac mini (as a HTPC) connected via HDMI to our main TV/audio system. I was wondering if Mountain Lion would enable me to beam photos & video etc from an IOS device directly to the Mac mini

Thx

You can use Reflection to do this http://www.reflectionapp.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Thanks for responses. I'll take a look at that Reflection app

Advertisement