Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pistol mag seals. Any permanent fixes?

Options
  • 21-08-2012 7:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭

PTFE tape and silicone oil have not done the trick. PTFE tape works for about 10 fills and then ends up being sent out of mags gas outlet. Where the gas goes to shoot the BB.I cant remember the exact term. Any ideas on more permanent fixes? Maybe something to engorge the O-ring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Maybe something to engorge the O-ring?

soak the o rings in brake/hydraulic fluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,899 ✭✭✭S.E.A.L.s

Here is another solution:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/130770491709?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Or:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/130764365206?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

This stuff works a treat for sealing Green Gas and similar mags, don't have a permanent fix for CO2 mags yet and would love any suggestions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Here is another solution:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/130770491709?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Or:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/130764365206?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

This stuff works a treat for sealing Green Gas and similar mags, don't have a permanent fix for CO2 mags yet and would love any suggestions :)

vaseline for Co2 mags :), put some over the screw cap on the bottom and then tighten the cap back on. If the mag leaks near the top, a load of silicon i think is the only semi-functional method right now :p

T4RGET wrote: »
    vaseline for Co2 mags :), put some over the screw cap on the bottom and then tighten the cap back on. If the mag leaks near the top, a load of silicon i think is the only semi-functional method right now :p

Is there anything Vaseline and Silicon cannot fix ;)

Many thanks T4RGET :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Is there anything Vaseline and Silicon cannot fix ;)

Many thanks T4RGET :D

there really isn't :D
    no prob mate :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭SYDEWYNDER

Trying a method I came across on an American forum on my mags at the mo. Gasket Maker. Can be picked up at any motor factors for a fiver. Its a high strength sealant that can take quite extreme temperature variances: -55 to 250 degrees celcius according to its packaging. I have it curing now and I will report how I get on with it.

SYDEWYNDER wrote: »
    Trying a method I came across on an American forum on my mags at the mo. Gasket Maker. Can be picked up at any motor factors for a fiver. Its a high strength sealant that can take quite extreme temperature variances: -55 to 250 degrees celcius according to its packaging. I have it curing now and I will report how I get on with it.

Would this be it: http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=88524&highlight=Coachster

Also, I'd like to know the results of your repair mate :)

Thats it! Hopefully it works for me!

Quick update on the gasket maker. Seals are perfect, no gas escaping at all. Will be skirmishing the mags in the next week or two all going well and will let everyone know how I get on.

Thats it! Hopefully it works for me!
    Quick update on the gasket maker. Seals are perfect, no gas escaping at all. Will be skirmishing the mags in the next week or two all going well and will let everyone know how I get on.

I'm now planning the same, excellent work and many thanks mate :D

• Advertisement

No worries! Now I haven't tested them with gas in them for a long time yet so I wouldn't jump in with every mag you have. Test one and see how you get on! If it doesn't work 6quid and a mag is not too great a loss.

No worries! Now I haven't tested them with gas in them for a long time yet so I wouldn't jump in with every mag you have. Test one and see how you get on! If it doesn't work 6quid and a mag is not too great a loss.

Oh of course ;)

Have a P226 Mag on the workbench, that has been sitting there for over a year :eek: waiting to be repaired, I'll start with this one and work from there :D

Left a mag in all day filled with gas. Zero Leaks. Pleased as punch to say the least! :D

Left a mag in all day filled with gas. Zero Leaks. Pleased as punch to say the least! :D

Sweet :D

Advertisement