Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please - non FAS course

Options
  • 20-08-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello all, just wondering could any of ye give me some help. I am on job seekers the past few months and as I know plenty of you understand it is very demoralizing. Anyone I am looking to do a new course which isn't FAS ran, It is a private course. Does anyone know if I will lose my dole or if I am entitled to anything regarding money towards the cost of the course. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

Yes your social welfare stops as you are no longer available for work however you may be eligible for back to education allowance or do the course through vetos

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

If you are not signing long enough to qualify for BTEA and VTOS for full time courses, you may well be able to do a part time course and still retain your payment. Check out eligibility here http://www.welfare.ie/EN/OperationalGuidelines/pages/bte_pteo.aspx
    As soon as you have secured place on part time course, you would need to apply for same at the Social Welfare Office and have advance permission to take the part time course. Money would remain the same, no cost of education allowance is paid, money still collected from Post Office and you still sign on but they would facilitate you with making sure that sign on time would not clash with course times.
    Sometimes, the Jobs Facilitator (odd name but that is the person to ask for) at the Social Welfare might be able to give a bit of financial help with the cost of the course also, but funds are limited.

Advertisement