Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rads and hot water heating at same time!!!!

Options
  • 20-08-2012 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi all bit of a problem i need help with!!
    Problem:when i turn my stat on kitchen wall to zero i would usually just have my hot water in cylinder heating and no rads would come on but all downstairs rads heating and water aswell!!
    i have the stat on zero upstairs as it very warm and that is working fine.
    hmmm could it be the motorised valve in hot press??
    i recently put a new pump on boiler and got a service engineer to service it??any help much appreciated.jim.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

motorised valve seems like its goosed, they give alot of problems anyway, id only ever use honeywell motorised valves, take the head of the valve and turn with a a pilers, and you should never turn your stats up and down, they should be set to a certain temp

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭jim1989

ok pal cheers.eh ill chek it out 2moro.so wad the best way of turning off rads if i cant do the stat thing?maybe summer valve someone said?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭AverageJoe82

summer valve i have never heard of, just turn them off indivaully or with a pilers at the motorised valve

Advertisement