Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

finding my father

Options
  • 20-08-2012 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Hi! I was hoping someone would be able to advise me on how to find my father. It's a difficult situation as I don't have my father's real name. He's from Beijing, but lived in Ireland in the 80's where he met my mother. He had an English first name whilst using his Chinese surname,to make it easier for him living in Ireland I presume. He left when I was still a few months old I think.

My mother gets upset when asked, she feels terribly guilty. I do not hold anything against her at all, we have a great relationship, and she married while I was very young so it's not like I grew up without a father. In saying that I had an awful relationship with my step-dad, but he wasn't a bad person. Unfortunately he died a few years ago.

Anyway I have my biological father's parents names, and grand parents names...I'm wondering if anybody knows how I can use that information to get some kind of idea as to where they might be? Or where my father might be.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

It might be worth contacting the Chinese embassy and asking their advice on how best to proceed and track down your biological grandparents and great grandparents?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 dibi

Should've thought of that, thank you! x

Advertisement