Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veterinary medicine or science at TCD?

• 20-08-2012 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I really had my heart set on veterinary medicine at UCD and was absolutely devastated this morning when i didn't get in. I got 550 points, and it was 585 to get in. I'm an a-level applicant, but wouldn't be able to apply to the UK until 2014 entry, and i don't think i'd be able to wait 2 whole years not doing something proper. I really don't want to give up on it but not sure if i did resit my a-levels if i'd even get enough points for next year and it could increase further. My other option is to take my science offer at TCD and then try to do graduate vetmed either at UCD or somewhere else after i've finished, but that's a long wait and again not even sure i'd be able to get in.

Was so desperate to get in, and then i've seen a few people on here who've got the offer and don't seem particularly bothered by it :( (not trying to be mean or anything) i'd be absolutely ecstatic!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Glitter_star94

help anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Luckycharm2

I'm not sure how much help this is, especially given how long ago this was posted :P But I'm just finished by 3rd year in Trinity science; 2 years of general science and then I got Zoology as my moderatorship. I LOVE it! I am hoping to apply for Veterinary 2014 in UCD as a graduate along with another friend of mine doing immunology as her moderatorship. We both feel much more prepared for a veterinary course after having already experienced college. I've read similar opinions on other threads on Boards as well. The first year of veterinary at least will be much more manageable due to better time management or just the things you pick up in your first degree.
    What did you end up doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 James1001

I've just got an unconditional with graduate entry, my A-levels were dire! I've done a BSc and I am completing an MSc. The best advice I can give is that you go and do something MEGA in the animal world. (Get work in another country in their parks etc.) That way you'll look a lot better for applications in the future. Good luck!

Advertisement