Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hopsin

Options
  • 20-08-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Everybody Listen To This its Just Class,
    Hopsin Does Not Want To Be Signed By A Record Label Because He Doesnt Want Fame To Take Over His Life Like Celebrities Now:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Il give it a watch later, heard very little of this fella but what I heard I like a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Il give it a watch later, heard very little of this fella but what I heard I like a lot.

don't sleep on this guy..hes like the second coming of ''slim shady'' excellent rapper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

pone2012 wrote: »
    don't sleep on this guy..hes like the second coming of ''slim shady'' excellent rapper

He's not that special and nothing like "slim shady"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    He's not that special and nothing like "slim shady"

rhyme schemes, overuse of multi syllabic rhymes, content .. beats sound either sarcastic or dark eerie synths , harpsichords, palm muted guitars, strings..melody driven.. he's exactly like '' slim shady'' imo...bar a few small things..the fornula is the same...and taking hopsin in today's context..i would say given the current state of rap music he indeed is something special!! I didn't call him one of the G.O.A.T now did I?..its pretty special to be different and relevant in todays scene..especially since the guy who he based his formula on had to pretty much sell out and reinvent himself just to stay relevant!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Does Not Want To Be Signed By A Record Label Because He Doesnt Want Fame To Take Over His Life Like Celebrities Now:)

Didn't he sign for Tech 9ine's label earlier this year?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I'm on the fence about Hopsin.

There is no disputing that the guy can rap, he can rap his as$ off.
    He can write good rhymes as well, and can tell a coherent tale.
    Beats are ok as well.

But, there is just something missing that I cant figure out. I'm not sure if its his voice that is a bit boring, or that he is lacking some sort of charisma.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 RyanKelly001

he is nothing like eminem but he is a great rapper and he should go for a record deal but i like the way he doesnt want the fame

Seaneh wrote: »
    Didn't he sign for Tech 9ine's label earlier this year?

maybe he did but from what i have heard on some of his videos (INTERVIEWS) he said he doesnt want the fame of a rapper,he originally wanted to be a singer until he finally found his talent rapping,he auditioned for american idol a while back search it on youtube

maybe he did but from what i have heard on some of his videos (INTERVIEWS) he said he doesnt want the fame of a rapper,he originally wanted to be a singer until he finally found his talent rapping,he auditioned for american idol a while back search it on youtube

The american idol adutuion was clearly taking the piss, in fairness, he'd already had a record deal at that stage...

Seaneh wrote: »
    The american idol adutuion was clearly taking the piss, in fairness, he'd already had a record deal at that stage...

i agree he does now but he did want to be a singer when he was younger,but now an amazing rapper

• Advertisement

i agree he does now but he did want to be a singer when he was younger,but now an amazing rapper

I mean, when he did the american idol audition, he had a record deal.

HE signed his first deal in 2007, when he was 22...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

I find him very corny.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,621 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

He was signed to Ruthless Records but had a lot of problems with them. Tech N9ne didn't sign him, he just did a song with him last year and they will be collabing again on Tech N9ne's upcoming EP E.B.A.H.

I like Hopsin, he has excellent tracks on his album RAW but he can come across corny alright. He seems alright on facebook always asking fans to meet him before a show to go skateboarding. Ill Mind of Hopsin 5 is a bit preachy, I much preferred Ill Mind of Hopsin 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭gerryd2

Everybody Listen To This its Just Class,
    Hopsin Does Not Want To Be Signed By A Record Label Because He Doesnt Want Fame To Take Over His Life Like Celebrities Now:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRVOOwFNp5U
    Hopsin was signed to Ruthless records and his debut album floppd. Its always the rappers who didn't make it on a label that say they don't want fame but in rap, money and fame go hand in hand.

The dude can rhyme and he has a better message than most mainstream rappers out there but his image sucks, he needs to lose the contacts if he wants most people to take him serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

gerryd2 wrote: »
    he needs to lose the contacts if he wants most people to take him serious.

Pretty much this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I've a music lecturer on my course whose second name is Hopcyn. It's a Welsh name though so I think it's pronounced Hopkin. Bit of a pity. Would have loved to have played her some of his music if it was pronounced like Hopsin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Eyes, or what is in them, does not effect the music that is made.

Advertisement