Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

have no fixed address help!!

Options
  • 20-08-2012 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi i was last claiming dole around 2years ago and then got a job in the uk..
    i was working thier fo r around 20 months and then came back to ireland...when i last claimed dole i was living in my parents house and now they no longer live in ireland and currently staying at a few different addresses as i have no where to live..im going to go into the social tomorrow but i cant prove where i live as i no longer have a bank acc..and dont have proff of address..does anybody know what i can do to??plus i have no p60 or p45 as i was self employed and the compnay i was working for went bust...all i have is bank statements from when i was working in the uk and that is currently fixed to an address in the uk...please can someone help me because i really dont know what to do...Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭okiss

You need to bring your pps card with you along with your passport.
    Do you have any info from the tax office in the uk - did you pay tax in the uk?
    You need to show the dole office where you were working since you last signed on. I would explain that you worked in the uk on a self employed basis for a uk company who are now bankrupt. From what I know the dole can check up with the uk revenue in regards to your working in the uk.
    Bring all the information you have in regards to when you lived in the uk.
    At this stage you need to sort yourself out with an address that you can give to the dole office. They may call to this address to confirm you are living here.
    Can you get someone your staying with give you a letter to say you are staying there at the moment. The dole will use this address to send out notification of when you have to sign ect.

Advertisement