Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for you all.

Options
  • 20-08-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭

When I was a young(ish) kiddywinkie, there were magazines out there with lots of short stories in. They were Sci-Fi mags, (Weird Worlds, Amazing and so on)

I am not how many of you are old enough to remember them, probably not that many of you to be honest.

Anyway, I was wondering if a thread for short Sci-Fi stories could be done in here, like a sort of Creative Writing version of a 1950's Sci-Fi mag?

I was thinking that if it is feasible we restrict the word count to 1,000 words or less.

I will leave the idea on the shelf until there are some comments, especially from the mods as it is up to them in the end.

(Hopefully the idea has some merit)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

Rubecula wrote: »
    When I was a young(ish) kiddywinkie, there were magazines out there with lots of short stories in. They were Sci-Fi mags, (Weird Worlds, Amazing and so on)

I am not how many of you are old enough to remember them, probably not that many of you to be honest.

Anyway, I was wondering if a thread for short Sci-Fi stories could be done in here, like a sort of Creative Writing version of a 1950's Sci-Fi mag?

I was thinking that if it is feasible we restrict the word count to 1,000 words or less.

I will leave the idea on the shelf until there are some comments, especially from the mods as it is up to them in the end.

(Hopefully the idea has some merit)

I would be up for a charity ebook collection of sci fi stories.Maybe hit up another forum to do cover art for it in classic pulp style?

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Agent Weebley

Great idea, but a 1000 word limit is a little limiting. Some stories just take a longer for the point to unravel . . . or is it ravel?

Analog Magazine was my fave, back in the 70s . . . Ender's Game was my personal fave . . . true story.

Advertisement