Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

x's & o's to back to work enterprise scheme?

Options
  • 20-08-2012 4:02pm

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a straight answer and I can't find out from anyone! So far the replies I've gotten are, "can't be sure" - Social welfare office to "Depends who looks at your case" - Local employment officer! Is it so hard to get straight answers to a pretty easy question?

I'm coming off a long FAS course, and was looking at the back to work enterprise scheme. A friend in the meantime has offered me some part-time work in their shop which would mean I'd go on the x's and o's system. But no-one has been able to tell me for definite whether I can go from part-time dole to the back to work scheme. I can't take up his offer if it jeopardizes me going on the back to work as that is more important, and I just want to let him know to get someone else in or not...

Does anyone know in here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

The Back to Work Enteprise Scheme doesnt apply to you at all in those circumstances. Its for JSB/JSA recipients who wish to start a business and become self-employed. You are thinking of the Back to Work Allowance, which was abandoned some years ago.

At the moment I am getting paid FAS allowance. That reverts to JSA in September, and I wish to start my own business. Money would be very tight for the first 6 months, so I would be looking for part-time work at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

Surely if you go on back to work enterprise you will be registered as self employed which means your friend would not be able to take you on as paye,so i'd guess any money you receive off her would have to go through your books.But i could be totally wrong that's just the way i read that.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

As above, if you are self employed you will invoice you friend every month and the payments will be part of your turnover.

Advertisement