Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should I

Options
  • 20-08-2012 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭

My VW Trasporter passenger SWB 1995 owned since 1996 and with 145000 miles, driving perfectly. Now I do not need as a car any more, I am considering converting to a 2 berth camper. I have seen conversions on the net and also noted the cost of the components never mind the labour involved. What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

If you think you'll get the use out of it then go for it. I find converting vans to camper is a great way to keep it on the road, owners look after the vehicle more and put more money into it than if it was a commercial.

VW T4 has been done many times too, plenty of information on the web. You can do a nice conversion relatively cheap too:
    • R & R bed (roller system, fully upholstered) - €1000
    • IKEA Units (Faktum range) - €400
    • Smev 9000 Unit (2 gas hob + sink) - €300

Another couple of hundred on insulation and carpeting and you'll have a nice conversion for €2k. This is the route I went down for my VW and very happy with the results, still working on it adding bits here and there but the main bits are complete! vwt4forum.co.uk was the best resource for me when converting, everything has already been asked and answered over there and some great conversion tips and ideas.

Advertisement