Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Village Carnival - 24th-26th August

Options
  • 19-08-2012 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

There's a pretty good line up for the Village Carnival this year in Newmarket-on-Fergus. Parade followed by Irish music on Friday night. Saturday there's a family fun day and in the evening an open air concert headlined by Aslan. Sunday lots of stuff at Mooghaun woods as part of heritage week.

And it's all FREE! :D

There's a full list of things for each day here http://www.villagecarnival.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

The parade was good fun this evening, especially as the rain stayed away for it. Hopefully it will do the same for the family fun day tomorrow. Looking forward to the Aslan concert too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Did you make the Aslan concert?

I could hear it from a couple of miles away :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I heard Aslan on last Friday's One Night Only programme (it was recorded a few months ago) and I thought Christy's voice didn't sound too great, he seemed to struggled to hit the high notes.

Did anyone go to see Aslan in Newmarket? I wonder what they sounded like live.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭5h4mr0(k

Went to see them. I'd watched a small bit of 'one night only' on Friday. His voice was better than that. There was a great atmosphere and they got the crowd going. Very enjoyable and the weather was great too. The other acts were pretty good as well.

Advertisement